1.    #1  
    Is there an application for Treo Pro that will restart the phone? So that i will not keep on removing the back cover and taking off the battery for restart..

I dont want to run Sprite backup always because it actually takes time to do that..

Solutions?

Thanks in advance!
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    Believe it or not, with a little practice you can poke the stylus in at an angle and hit the reset button, without removing the back. I have done it several times.

Also, Memmaid, which is a paid app but has a free trial has a soft reset option. Memmaid works on any WinMo device--or at least it should.

Lastly, the cover is much easier to remove after you have taken it on and off several times.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Do NOT take the back cover off - just find that reset button through the stylus slot and use the stylus point to hit it. Remember NOT to hold the stylus in a way that applies any force to the plastic end that you use to withdraw the stylus from the slot otherwise you will crack the end off. Otherwise, once you learn the position of the reset button hole and the angle of the stylus needed to hit it...you'll never have to remove that back cover every again!
    Nothing wrong with taking the back cover off. I do it all the time to swap out the battery for a fully charged spare when I am away from a charger for longer than 12 hours. Cover comes off very easily.

dinoSnake is correct that it is easy to hit the button without doing it though.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Use the following string to search in your favorite search engine and choose which you like. Because it's very fundamental part of Windows CE, soft reset applications designed for earlier Windows CE verion can work flawlessly in Windows Mobile.

search string:
    windows mobile soft reset utility
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Nothing wrong with taking the back cover off. I do it all the time to swap out the battery for a fully charged spare when I am away from a charger for longer than 12 hours. Cover comes off very easily.

dinoSnake is correct that it is easy to hit the button without doing it though.
    Just gotta be careful - I would assume that those little tabs on the back can break sooner or later. Have you considered one of the Seidio extended batteries?
    Quote Originally Posted by yanz011 View Post
    Is there an application for Treo Pro that will restart the phone? So that i will not keep on removing the back cover and taking off the battery for restart..

I dont want to run Sprite backup always because it actually takes time to do that..

Solutions?

Thanks in advance!
    there is an app to reset your phone i use it all the time here is the link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544475 you have two options either get an all in one which includes SoftReset / Shutdown / Standby / Dim Light / Screen Off or you can get just the soft reset app
    T-Mobile Unlocked Palm Treo Pro my 6.5 rom using AcidHax's 21884 build kitchen modded by Mord4z
    i use psshutxp...also phm has a reset app..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is a free one in this thread from one of the users here. I use it as needed.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...reset-pro.html
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09