1.    #1  
    can i somehow extend the space provided in the messaging for typing an SMS? it seems smaller and i need more space to see all my text into that box for editing purposes..

glad theres a way..

thanks in advance!
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    you could try running realvga in 96dpi smaller font sizes but alot more room on the screen
    I tested the extended space by modifying the thread_sms.htm located in windows dir,
    but far better is to go to

Start -> Settings -> System tab -> Screen -> Text Size tab -> set the slider to Smallest.

That affects the whole system and sms view is excellent with the original space used.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the effort, i hope there would be a tweak for this soon.. need to get a bit bigger space for typing the message so that i can view everything without the line going down..

Thanks..
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yanz011 View Post
    thanks for the effort, i hope there would be a tweak for this soon.. need to get a bit bigger space for typing the message so that i can view everything without the line going down..

Thanks..
    I used the following method, worked well for me.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=174646
  6.    #6  
    i cant seem to find the file"thread_sms" under the windows folder" is this the file that i should look for? pls help.. thnaks
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I don't have the Treo with me but make sure you have *show all files* (or something similar to that) checked in the Windows Folder menu.
  8.    #8  
    Got it.. i use the neboPad to edit the file.. i can now see the file using resco explorer by unchecking the system files on the settings.. thanks man! this works!
  9. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yanz011 View Post
    Got it.. i use the neboPad to edit the file.. i can now see the file using resco explorer by unchecking the system files on the settings.. thanks man! this works!
    Glad it worked for you.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.