Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    anyone using this? it's so much better than IE, but seems to mysteriously stop and require a quit/relaunch.

Steve
    I'm having issues with it. When I type a website it looks like this http://www.ddddddddddddddddddddiiiii...ooooonnnnnnnnn.

Had to delete and go back to 4.2.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Just downloaded Opera Mini 5 winmo. Great that it's ported over to winmo as a native app. While it's a beta and is full of bugs, wow is it fast!!! It's at least 2 to 3 times faster than Opera 10 mobile, Snapfire and IE.
    To the OP:

You talking about Opera Mobile? Because there is no Beta 3 for Mini yet. It's still Beta 2.

Although clicking the Beta 2 download link on the Opera site (using the phone) gets you to the new native WM version (no java needed). And for some reason, that version doesn't have the "beta" label on it's name in the "About" screen, when it actually is.
    Last edited by Cheker; 03/06/2010 at 08:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm loving Mini 5 beta. Flies on my Treo Pro (and wife's 800w) and no probs yet!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Mini is fast! My https wells fargo online bank page doesn't work, says my phone isn't supported w mini 5, it does run on Mobile 10. The start button doesn't work, you have to get to the menu by pushing ok, then start... Still playing with it though. Will probably keep both on the phone.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Testing it, is fast compared to Opera Mobile, not only in opening web pages but also the program itself loads very fast. So far seems to render most pages well.

I have noticed though, that when tapping a link from a Google search page I find myself tapping a second time to make the browser navigate to the page. Haven't found any other major bugs yet.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    is there a way to set make the phone launch Opera Mini when the "internet" soft key is hit?

Maybe a reg edit?
  9. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    WOW! Mini is significantly faster than Opera Mobile(with or without Turbo).
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    sharpja-
    Here's a link to a good free soft key remapper.
    Worked perfectly with my Pro.
    - Andrew
    Fantastic Bytes Software - Download SoftKey Manager
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Thanks for the softkey manager, works great, and Opera mini 5 is now my default browser. Using it exclusively, is fast and convenient, I can see why they are putting it onto other phones as the default.
    opera mini5 has a version for wm
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    To the OP:

You talking about Opera Mobile? Because there is no Beta 3 for Mini yet. It's still Beta 2.

Although clicking the Beta 2 download link on the Opera site (using the phone) gets you to the new native WM version (no java needed). And for some reason, that version doesn't have the "beta" label on it's name in the "About" screen, when it actually is.
    Yeah, my bad - it's beta 2, not beta 3. Still doesn't seem to be able to activate my data connection independently - I've got to first check my mail or something to get the data working, then it works like a charm.

Any way to edit the menus? i'd love to be able to easily access bookmarks. but the speed and tabs are great.