1.    #1  
    I recently got a Treo Pro after several years of a HTC Touch Diamond. I was able to backup everything on my Diamond with SPB Backup, but when I tried to transfer everything over to my Pro everything went downhill fast. Several of the buttons quit working and the phone function would not work at all. I did a hard reset and just synced my Pro to my laptop and was able to get all my contacts to transfer, but I would like to get old text messages to transfer. Is there a backup program that I can pick and choose what items I want to transfer? I have a feeling my Diamond had a corrupt file and that's why my Pro acted funny. Any suggestions?
    i don't think its a bad file its just the fact that even though these phones are both made by htc the registry on both phones are different from each other so by doing that back up then loading it on your tp it changed stuff in the tp that isn't the same on the diamond
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Is there software that will let me backup all the text messages and transfer them over?
    if the text side of the diamond is different from the pro i dont think so. if one of the smarter guys in here could chime in and fill you in better that would be great! you could try it with active sync or microsoft my phone but i really dont know
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    if the text side of the diamond is different from the pro i dont think so. if one of the smarter guys in here could chime in and fill you in better that would be great! you could try it with active sync or microsoft my phone but i really dont know
    I use bitpim for non smartphones like the LG10000, Mot Razor, etc. I don't know it it'll work on the diamond or treo pro... but it's worth a shot since it's FREE!
    PDAs:Cassiopeia>PalmIIIXE>N710C>N760C>NX60U>600>650+700p>Centro
    FAV APPS: Zlauncher, NVBackup, U.T.S., TCPMP, PalmFiction, datebk6, 3xcom.
    Treo Repairs; video editing; VHS>DVD...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Although I have not really played with it, Microsoft's My Phone service is supposed to be able to do this. The basic service is free. If you try it, let us know if it works!