Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi!
    How can I assign a button to the voice recorder on the Treo pro, so I can easily record a call?
    can someone help me with this?
    Thanks!
    The two greatest causes of system failures are sysadmins and users. If you can keep both of these groups away from your machines, the reliability increases dramatically.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    no one?!?!?! :-(
    The two greatest causes of system failures are sysadmins and users. If you can keep both of these groups away from your machines, the reliability increases dramatically.
    The default button assignment for "Opt - Button 3 (Calendar)" is already assigned to Notes. From Notes, as you know, just tap on New, then Menu - View Recording Toolbar.

There is also Side Button regedit so you can assign Notes to side button short push (can't post link being a newbie, but its' forum.ppcgeeks .com/showthread.php?t=75329

With Google Voice, you can also record calls (incoming only) by pressing 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by zapzipzoop View Post
    ...There is also Side Button regedit so you can assign Notes to side button short push (can't post link being a newbie, but its' forum.ppcgeeks .com/showthread.php?t=75329...
    A cab file with this registry tweak (and many other useful ones) is on the registry tweaks thread that is a sticky at the top of this forum.

With a cab file, just copy it into the Treo memory (or SD card), tap on it; it will run and install all the needed registry changes for you in just a few seconds. If you don't like what it does, you can unsinstall from the Remove Programs applet on Settings/System and will revert the changes to the original state.

Just that simple.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Just call me Berd.
    There is an application called Auto Call Record (ACR 1.2) posted on XDA-Developers that alows you to record calls (incoming/outgoing) automatically (or with a popup menu), but as usual the problem with Treo Pro (and many other WM devices) is that you will only be able to hear your voice clearly. In order to have a good recording of both sides of the conversation you'll need to put the other side on speakerphone...
    Resco Audio Recorder
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooris7 View Post
    Resco Audio Recorder
    thanks for the help!
    can I find it anywhere?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This is a bit of a hassle, but you could launch a recorded call off of the Call Trunk website on your Treo's browser. The website rings your Treo, then your destination phone, and the calls are bridged and recorded.

Cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at ted@calltrunk. com for more information.