1.    #1  
    Need help everyone.

I got a Palm Treo 680 that syncs with my Palm Desktop and I also got a new Treo Pro where will be syncing with Outlook. I want to get my contacts and calendars on both phone sync. So question is:

Is there a software or a conduit where i can sync my Palm Desktop and Outlook on the PC so that when I sync my phones onto der respective conduits (palm Desktop and Outlook) they will the same PIMS on it.. Any other suggestion or alternative is welcome..

Be waiting for your reply guyz..

Thank you so much in advance..
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by yanz011 View Post
    Need help everyone.

I got a Palm Treo 680 that syncs with my Palm Desktop and I also got a new Treo Pro where will be syncing with Outlook. I want to get my contacts and calendars on both phone sync. So question is:

Is there a software or a conduit where i can sync my Palm Desktop and Outlook on the PC so that when I sync my phones onto der respective conduits (palm Desktop and Outlook) they will the same PIMS on it.. Any other suggestion or alternative is welcome..

Be waiting for your reply guyz..

Thank you so much in advance..
    Well, on the Palm HotSync Manager for Centro you can, for sure, choose Outlook as your PIM manager instead of Palm Desktop.

There's only one little catch to using Outlook over Palm Desktop (on the Centro at least): not all data is synched in proper collaboration inside Outlook. That is, notes and a few other data points that you can associate with a contact inside the Centro itself are completely lost in/to Outlook.

I know this because we had a partner's Centro set to sync with Outlook...and then he broke his screen. Upon doing a HotSync to finalize a backup prior to bringing all the data over to the replacement Centro an inspection of Outlook's data revealed...we were missing chunks. Big, associated chunks. Like any and all notes and some other things.

I reset the default conduit to Palm Desktop and redid the sync - voila, all associated data sets were there. Hooked up the new Centro, paired it with the computer, and Bob was [our] uncle.

I don't know if this applies to your 680, as I both do not know what associations you can create inside your 680 nor do I know how HotSync handles it. But I would assume it is pretty much the same as it is (still) Palm Garnet. So check to see if Outlook can handle all / any data associations you create inside your 680 before you depend upon the switch.
  3. Bug
    For 680, it is same as other Palm Garnet OS. If your Outlook only has a very basic information, then it is ok. Infos like name, phone numbers, email etc.

The only hiccup is when you created a multi-day appointment in the outlook, it will be displayed as individual appointments in 680 and sometimes it break the sync.
    (EOL) - Nokia 3210; Nokia 3530; Motorola Razr V3i
    (Sold) - Eten M600; HTC TYTN II; Nokia E71

(Shelf) - Nokia 6070; LG KP105
    (Active) - Nokia 6120c; Palm Treo 680; Palm Treo Pro; HTC Snap