1. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've tried m.youtube.com web and installed app. Both Youtube videos on Treo Pro are poor. I believe their resolution is 176x144. I heard HTC phones have preinstalled youtube which plays video at better resolution like 320x240 or more. I wonder if anyone here manages to have it work on Treo Pro. Or, is there any decent third party youtube player capable of playing QVGA video?
    The Sprint Treo Pro comes with Kinoma FreePlay installed and it handles YouTube videos and searches. There are...issues...some of us have with the product but try it and see if you like its many functions.
    maybe it's optomizing for the connection speed? the better the speed the better the display and vis virsa?
  4. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    maybe it's optomizing for the connection speed? the better the speed the better the display and vis virsa?
    Definitely not. You can visit m.youtube.com with your desktop or laptop and view some videos. You'll find out the fact.
    right but that is on your laptop!!!! if you have a slower connection it will "lag" more and the picture will suffer. whats the ram usage at when your doing this? what other programs are running?
  6. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I can view normal and 720p videos without lag at my laptop if I am in YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..
    I can only view tiny .3gp videos at my laptop if I am in m.youtube.com.
    It depends solely on which site you visit.
    ***...lol
    Use skyfire as your browser and dont use youtubes mobile site thats where the issue is. that app sucks in my opinon!!!!!
    Don't use Skyfire, it doesn't even have a "stop" button.

Use Opera Mobile. The new beta 3 has flash plugin capability. Just enable the plugin in the Opera settings menu as well as for hooking yourself up with all of the other awesome settings Opera Mobile offers. Don't forget to click on "Desktop" at the bottom of the youtube page or flash won't work. It defaults to "Mobile" at the youtube website when you connect to the homepage. Then when you want to view a video just click the big White arrow to play the video and mess with your Opera zoom settings to get the video looking great.