1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I'm having some problems with my Treo Pro. It's got no audio.. eg with an incoming call, no ring. When I dial out, I cannot hear the call being made or the audio when they answer. I can use the phone with the Treo Earphones installed but still no ring.

I've reset the phone back to factory, still no change. Even restored to a working backup...

The funny thing is, when I reboot the phone, I get the startup chime no problems.

Anybody have any idea what could be wrong??? The phone is out of warranty, and considering there have been minimal software patches/updates since it's release, and no sign of any coming, I'll probably just junk it rather than paying to get it fixed....

jabsy
    Play a song. Put the audio jack in the 3.5mm jack then yank it out real fast. Do it a few times until you hear music. Shot in the dark but this sounds all to familiar with a Treo Centro back in the day. It was the audio jack.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Play a song. Put the audio jack in the 3.5mm jack then yank it out real fast. Do it a few times until you hear music. Shot in the dark but this sounds all to familiar with a Treo Centro back in the day. It was the audio jack.

Cheers for that. You sound spot on, I used the headphones for the first time in about a year on the weekend, couldn't find my Blueant....

I have it a try and it didn't work, so I guess I'll get out the toolkit shortly and dismantle it.
    I don't think you need to take it apart. Just put the headphones back in the jack and wiggle it while you yank it out. It should come back. My Treo Centro (4th back up device) does this. I got it back and just don't ever use headphones with it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  5.    #5  
    I had a go prior to posting, but no luck with the cable wiggle/wank. I'll give it another crack.

The damn headphones had been missing for months and months, then this happens the first time I use them...

Thanks again.
    Please let me know if you find an answer.
  7.    #7  
    OK the cable wanking didn't work, I tried it for ages too.

Ended up going postal with the tools, dismantled the phone, had a fiddle/scrape inside the jack, and when I reassembled the phone it was working again.

Now my phone is out of warranty, so I had no issue with doing this.

Thanks for everybodys help.

jabsy