1.    #1  
    I know this phone is a little dated now, but I just got my first one.

Im on an old free and felxible plan with Sprint which I didnt want to lose. My options for a phone upgrade were limited, without having to upgrade my plan as well.

My choices were pretty easy; Treo Pro over the Touch pro 2 for a few reasons:
    -PRICE
    -candy bar style
    -weight
    -bulkiness

My old phone was a Centro so I was also late to that party (by a few years..)

I spent 2 entire days trying to adjust to windows. Palm OS was a breeze and the first days with windows was a pain in the ****! I was ready to throw the towel in..

if that was enough, I received the wrong phone from telesales (they sent me a 750), had a hard time swapping it at the store, AND i get a faulty phone with a loose mUSB port....

Well, after a lot of reading around, and finally a stable phone, Ive got to say, im glad i switched. I installed SPB Shell 3.x and it runs and looks great!

So far Ive got the following installed:
    SPB shell
    treo Pro Alert (got my LEDs back!)
    SPB Time
    Sky Fire
    Google Maps
    Seven Email (which is the ONLY thing that has given me any trouble)
    Face book App

Im sure theres more apps I could (maybe a dictionary, registry editor), but I realized from the Centro, that I hardly used game apps.

All in all... great phone
    Vexed is a great freeware game.

There are some freeware dictionaries, but I didn't find any of them good enough. I sprung for the $13 (from Paragon, the developer) Merriam-Webster Collegiate dictionary. Great app.

Handyshopper is free and very useful for checklists.

A good backup program is a must-have too, my device came with Sprite Backup which works well.
    Sprint Treo Pro also comes with a full version of Sprite Back-Up "built in" ROM. Get a card and back-up often.
    Speaking of games, let's not forget SmartGear! Play your old classic NES, GameBoy, and Genesis games right on your Treo Pro!
    I personally do not like & wouldn't recommend the Facebook App... I'd rather use the mobile site.
    Quote Originally Posted by amythyst View Post
    I personally do not like & wouldn't recommend the Facebook App... I'd rather use the mobile site.
    Second that. Have found the App to be limited in certain areas and requiring manual refresh. The mobile site is actually quite snappy on Opera Mobile.

BTW, Opera Mobile is a FREE beta-version third party browser for WM that is faster than the mobile IE. Like all browsers so far, is not an all-in-one solution to mobile browsing but is an improvement over the original WM browser.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  7.    #7  
    I just read about the memory issues and have noticed that I run around with about 30% free mem. Saw that i do have the 1.04 version, but only 80m available..?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    I just read about the memory issues and have noticed that I run around with about 30% free mem. Saw that i do have the 1.04 version, but only 80m available..?
    I use Memmaid 2.2 and SKTools to clean out cache, dead registry files, duplicate notifications, temp. internet files, etc. Also when used it closes all the files open (you can use the task bar too in the top right corner). WinMo does require maintenance. Also both programs can provide much more snappiness by using Optimize, Speed, Performance modes.

EDIT- Where is the "Show your Treo Pro Today Screen" thread sticky. I need some ideas for Today Screen. Currently I have SPB Mobile Shell, Quick Menu, PXPShut, Treo Alert, Batt / Memory Status, XPUscaler and a few other tricks.
    Last edited by VibrantRedGT; 02/05/2010 at 07:28 PM.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  9.    #9  
    WOW.. just tried MemMaid and im up to 59% mem (from 29-30)!!
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    WOW.. just tried MemMaid and im up to 59% mem (from 29-30)!!
    Like desktop Windows itself, WinMo must be rebooted occasionally to free the memory leaks.

You do not have to remove the back in order to hit the rest button - get a magnifier out and remove the stylus from its storage slot. Look into the hole and you will find you can indeed access the reset button, through the stylus slot, by using your stylus' tip. You do it once - find the right angle to insert the stylus into the slot and where the button is - and you'll find you can do it over and over again very easily.

Just note: when you use the stylus to hit the reset button make sure you hold the stylus in the CENTER all-metal area and do NOT apply any force to the black plastic end that you use to withdraw the stylus from the slot - if you apply force to that end, it will break off. Just hold the stylus by the center area (easy to do once you understand) to avoid snapping your stylus.

If you set up Sprite Backup to do auto backups via a schedule you may be able to avoid manual reboots entirely as Sprite Backup reboots prior to every backup routine.