Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    Wondering what is on the market these days, on Sprint, that would be comparable to Sprint. I am not interested in other platforms from WM. I am wondering if anything will ever come to close to the perfect package I have with the Treo Pro.
  2. #2  
    Not much that I can see at the moment.

    The HTC Trophy looks quite interesting but don't know if it will ever come to Sprint. If it does, I would give it a try.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  3. #3  
    my buddy has the tp2 and it does all sorts of weird thing through out the day i'm perfectly content with my stp
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    my buddy has the tp2 and it does all sorts of weird thing through out the day i'm perfectly content with my stp
    Yeah, I would want an exposed KB, no sliders of any sort for me. I am very happy with my Pro, and see no real reason to switch, just purveying the landscape.
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Not much that I can see at the moment.

    The HTC Trophy looks quite interesting but don't know if it will ever come to Sprint. If it does, I would give it a try.
    Wow, that Trophy looks great. I am reading more about it now.
  6. #6  
    i likey alot!!!
  7. #7  
    I guess HTC learned a lot about the form factor with the Treo Pro venture to go on their own with the Trophy. Like the specs and screen a lot! The available images don't seem official so well see what the final form will be...but looks quite promissing, doesn't it?
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I guess HTC learned a lot about the form factor with the Treo Pro venture to go on their own with the Trophy. Like the specs and screen a lot! The available images don't seem official so well see what the final form will be...but looks quite promissing, doesn't it?
    I am telling ya! That would really be the only phone I could see myself jumping for. The screen is what I desire from my Treo(bigger screen) and the camera is a great upgrade(would like to see flash).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I am telling ya! That would really be the only phone I could see myself jumping for.
    Ask and you shall receive...

    The screen is what I desire from my Treo(bigger screen)...
    This is what attracted me too. The Treo screen is good, but VGA is sooo much better...

    ...and the camera is a great upgrade(would like to see flash).
    Well, I guess we can't have it all...this is not really a major issue for me as I rarely use the phone's camera.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Wow, that Trophy looks great. I am reading more about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    i likey alot!!!
    Something to drool about for now - so we'll drool together
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #11  
    Maybe we should send this thread to Sprint and HTC.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #12  
    Let's throw this on there...

  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #13  
    Not too sure if I am buying the scroll ball. But, I guess that is one trade off for a larger screen.
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #14  
    FM Radio, very nice.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #15  
    Looks as if it will have the Business Card app, which is a very painless way of getting info into your phone.
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #16  
    It would be a straight HTC device, so i am betting quite a few cooks would strip and build ROMs. I could be very down with that.
  17. #17  
    Does it have a trackball? Nooooooooooo! Trackball is the reason I don't use my BB everyday. Ever try to roll to a song using Pandora in the car with a trackball? It's a deadly combination!

    I still have a Treo 800 from the old days and ****ed that I sold my Treo Pro. I'm going to buy another one though.

    I only own front facing keyboard phones. It's what I prefer. I could see myself switching to that HTC phone but only if it doesn't have a trackball. I tried the HTC Hero last month and the trackball is a waste.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Does it have a trackball? Nooooooooooo! Trackball is the reason I don't use my BB everyday. Ever try to roll to a song using Pandora in the car with a trackball? It's a deadly combination!

    I still have a Treo 800 from the old days and ****ed that I sold my Treo Pro. I'm going to buy another one though.

    I only own front facing keyboard phones. It's what I prefer. I could see myself switching to that HTC phone but only if it doesn't have a trackball. I tried the HTC Hero last month and the trackball is a waste.
    I agree, Trackballs suck. It would be nice if it was a stiff stick that clicked, and had the range of a five way navigator(see the HP6515).
    Last edited by NRG; 02/04/2010 at 08:39 PM.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I agree, Trackballs suck...
    This is certainly true, but if I read correctly, this phone has a capacitive screen with touch flow, so how much will the trackball really be needed for normal operation.

    I feel the specs are great so I am willing to forgive HTC the trackball goof-up.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  20. bopgun's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #20  
    The Samsung Intrepid is somewhat similar. WM 6.5, candybar-style, QWERTY. I prefer the TP for size/style, but that's it if you're looking for a changeup on Sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions