Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    is there anyway to backup data wirelessly with the treo pro?

when my wifes adds a task on her blackberry, it is automatically changes on her outlook. without being near the computer.

is this possible with the pro?
    it changes the outlook on her computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    They probably both sync through RIM's servers.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    ill bet on that
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    yep!

i think its cool.

i wanna do that with my pro.

i really want this feature.

i found a program that called companion link that looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Check for a "Hosted Exchange Server".
    The cloud backup part is EASY - just download and install Microsoft's My Phone app

My Phone

If you have a [free] Hotmail account in addition to your [required, free] Microsoft Live account, on your Hotmail home page you'll have access to your Contacts and Calender as well as your Hotmail mail.

Of course, the Treo Pro's Messaging system has full capability to access Hotmail, meaning that you can set up Hotmail in the TP's mail system, just like any other mail service, and get Hotmail without actually having to log in to a web site. The TP will download all the settings necessary automatically.

The TP can also do the same with Yahoo! Mail - no need to log in to Yahoo's website at all, just set up the mail service in your TP's mail system and away you go.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    The cloud backup part is EASY - just download and install Microsoft's My Phone app

My Phone

If you have a [free] Hotmail account in addition to your [required, free] Microsoft Live account, on your Hotmail home page you'll have access to your Contacts and Calender as well as your Hotmail mail.

Of course, the Treo Pro's Messaging system has full capability to access Hotmail, meaning that you can set up Hotmail in the TP's mail system, just like any other mail service, and get Hotmail without actually having to log in to a web site. The TP will download all the settings necessary automatically.

The TP can also do the same with Yahoo! Mail - no need to log in to Yahoo's website at all, just set up the mail service in your TP's mail system and away you go.