Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received and tested a few minutes ago from a friend at Sprint.

A few things to note-

1) Phone MUST be in Airplane mode to install! A reset/reboot is recommended before installing.
    2) Install to DEVICE, not memory card!!!!!
    3) The install will require you to reboot. After reboot, it may take a few minutes before everything displays on the Today screen. Subsequent reboots will display properly.

This will be posted to Palm's site shortly. This is NOT a test file, but the final release.

I also recommend installing the other messaging update BEFORE installing this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...stamp-fix.html

Enjoy, and please post results!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just tried it, it works.
    downloading now... will report back

Yup all is good!!!
    Last edited by ooxteme; 02/03/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Didn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I'm using the 800w sms program?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bopgun View Post
    Didn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I'm using the 800w sms program?
    Did you follow the instructions above? If so, you may want to uninstall the 800w SMS prg and try again, then reinstall.
    i didnt even put my phone in airplane mode
    Thanks for the file, installed without any problems and fixed the issue for me.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hook the man up with some thanks, folks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    worked for me
    Works like a charm!

IMPORTANT - based upon HTC user's reports, MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL THE ZIGGY 2016 CAB "HACK" OR REMOVE YOUR HAND REGISTRY HACK (and reboot after doing either or both) BEFORE INSTALLING THIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    i didnt even put my phone in airplane mode
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    Works like a charm!

IMPORTANT - based upon HTC user's reports, MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL THE ZIGGY 2016 CAB "HACK" OR REMOVE YOUR HAND REGISTRY HACK (and reboot after doing either or both) BEFORE INSTALLING THIS!
    I installed both in the right order, but not in airplane mode. I do believe I reset after each go... My SMS are showing the correct time stamp & I did delete the ziggy hack.

Thanks OP.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    my bad - it does work with new incoming SMSes, I guess I expected it to fix all my previously mis-dated SMSes hehe. Muchas gracias!
    It won't work with a custom ROM will it?
    im running MatBee 6.5 and it installed and worked just fine
    I put it in airplane mode. Clicked on install to device. it said will only support v 1.04. installation was unsuccessful. I checked my phone and its build is 1.03. How do i update to 1.04. Please help.
    Note that this morning on the way to work, the first time I used the phone it dropped 3 out of my 4 outgoing SMS texts and sent an incoming call directly to voicemail. Contrary to opinion this is not a problem for everyone as my phone NEVER does any of this.

I think this is because the phone reset many times due to the removal of the hack, install of the patch and other things - my home is in a very poor reception area as well as 1/2 underground. I frequently roam and I think my STP failed to properly assert itself on the Sprint network after all those reboots due to poor reception (several times after the resets it showed it was roaming).

I soft reset the unit at work in a better reception area and all is back to perfect again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    im running MatBee 6.5 and it installed and worked just fine
    Cool. Good to know. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks UPdownLoAD!!

My new texts are now showing a proper time/date stamp.

Although my inbox when sorted by received is out of whack, I have tried changing the sort by column to 'refresh' it but no luck. Strange thing is my new test text (proper time stamp) is showing up below a text stamped 1/1/10 but above one stamped 1/29/10 ??

My inbox is sorted like this
    2/6/16
    2/1/16
    1/31/16
    1/24/10
    1/21/10
    1/17/10
    1/1/10
    10:35 PM (new text after patch)
    1/29/10
    1/21/10
    12/31/09