Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Hi
    my email attachments are downloaded to the main storage memory instead of the sd card even though I've set it up in settings several times. I assume it's a bug does anyone know of a fix for this? Very frustrating of Palm to abandon a product after only a year on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    ...Very frustrating of Palm to abandon a product after only a year on sale.
    Unfortunately, this has been Palm's recurrent behavior with a number of devices over the past few years. The only reason I am sticking with the Treo Pro is because this is the best WM smartphone I have tried so far and it fills all my current business needs.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    The ironic thing about this is that Palm may have converted me to Windows Mobile for good. The combination of touchscreen, D-pad and keyboard IMHO make for the most efficient smartphone experience.The Pre is lacking in so many areas that the Pro excels in. I'm looking at the upcoming Sony Ericsson Aspen and HTC trophy for my next phones.
    The Treo 800W was the reason I permanently switched to WM. As for devices, have you looked at the Touch Pro 2?
    The ironic thing about this is that Palm may have converted me to Windows Mobile for good. The combination of touchscreen, D-pad and keyboard IMHO make for the most efficient smartphone experience.The Pre is lacking in so many areas that the Pro excels in. I'm looking at the upcoming Sony Ericsson Aspen and HTC trophy for my next phones.
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The Treo 800W was the reason I permanently switched to WM. As for devices, have you looked at the Touch Pro 2?
    Loved the Treo 800w, for me was the perfect form (keyboard, texture, etc.). Unfortunately, it had a few issues such as battery life and brittle OS stability that moved me to the Treo Pro.

As for the Touch Pro 2, is a nice device but I had too many issues with the slide keyboard on the 6800 - mechanical problems and usability issues. I feel the Treo's form lends itself much better to one hand operation than a slider such as the Touch Pro 2. Have played with it a lot in the store, but I feel the lack of a capacitive touchscreen panel on this phone will limits my end user touch experience.

And to contribute to the OP's original question, I have not experienced problems with the email attachments not going to the card on my Sprint Treo Pro.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    haven't had a issue either. but mines always gone to my documents then if i need to move them to the sd card
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    haven't had a issue either. but mines always gone to my documents then if i need to move them to the sd card
    That's the problem, the attachments should go to the card automatically, shouldn't need to transfer them from documents.
    That's the problem, the attachments should go to the card automatically, shouldn't need to transfer them from documents.
    Mine go to the card under a folder by the name of Inbox.mst created by the mail client (Pocket Outlook).

I am assuming you set up Pocket Outlook to automatically store attachments to the card. For those who haven't, here is how:

1. Open the Pocket Outlook and go to Menu/Tools/Options.
    2. Open the tab named Storage.
    3. Check the option to save attachments to the card and press [OK].

Note it will store attachements to the card only when there is enough space available.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Mine go to the card under a folder by the name of Inbox.mst created by the mail client (Pocket Outlook).

I am assuming you set up Pocket Outlook to automatically store attachments to the card. For those who haven't, here is how:

1. Open the Pocket Outlook and go to Menu/Tools/Options.
    2. Open the tab named Storage.
    3. Check the option to save attachments to the card and press [OK].

Note it will store attachements to the card only when there is enough space available.
    I've done that several times without success.
    If you have a registry editor, try the following changes:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\
    PropertyPath? = "\Storage Card\Mail" (no quotes)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\
    AttachPath? = "\Storage Card\Mail\Attachments" (no quotes)

BEFORE MAKING ANY REGISTRY CHANGES:

1. Make a full backup with Sprite Backup (or the application of your choice) to your card.
    2. Make a backup of your current registry before any changes.

If the changes don't work you can always restore the prior registry or hard reset the machine and restore from Sprite Backup.

If you need a registry editor, you can download a free editor here.