1.    #1  
    This forum, in my opinion, really seems to have died down lately. Is everyone moving on to different devices or something?

I will have had my STP for a year this March, and still enjoy it for the most part. The reason I stay with it is because I enjoy having a non-landscape-slider phone with a hardware keyboard. And I like Windows Mobile, primarily because......*cough*......of the software "available" for it (let's just say all of the software I have installed on it is registered, etc.) Is there another device out there that you can run whatever YOU want on it, including SlingPlayer, Garmin and/or TomTom on? I love PhoneAlarm, WeatherPanel, Google Maps w/Latitude, Resco Pocket Radio, Resco Photo Manager, Resco Explorer, PocketIRC, Salling Clicker for remotely controlling Winamp, etc.

I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just curious what everyone's migrating to. A couple of my good friends have moved from a Mogul and a Treo 800 to a Touch Pro 2 and Hero respectively.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    I, too, will have had my Sprint Treo Pro for a year in March, and still consider it the most useful smartphone I've ever had, though I would rather it have the same keyboard as my old 755p. If only it were an "international" phone. I've had to rely on using mobile Skype to make calls through the wifi while down in Mexico, for example, which has come in handy, but certainly not the same as a "live" phone, if you understand what I'm saying. Still, until something much better comes along, I'll be keeping my WM Treo.
    P.S. I don't came one bit for the new Palm OS, nor any virtual keyboard.
    dont feel bad this seems to be happening over at ppcgeeks too i think we've figured this phone out completely
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    dont feel bad this seems to be happening over at ppcgeeks too i think we've figured this phone out completely
    I think above quote is right. Device has been out for well over a year and is unchanged. Some minor bugs identified early on. No OS updates or scheduled. Very stable and not a real mystery.

IMO, unless a very good, very stable WM 6.5 or even WM7 gets officially released (which everyone says will never happen) or possibly someone cooks one up then I predict minimal acitivity over here.

Compare this to the Pre which gets like an entire page of new threads a day and it is unreal.

For now enjoy your stable and predictable device--by far the best smartphone I have ever owned.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    ...For now enjoy your stable and predictable device--by far the best smartphone I have ever owned.
    Amen!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    2nd that!!!!
    Many people have moved onto an HTC Product like the Touch Pro series, Android, etc. I've tried them too. I still prefer a front facing keyboard device and always will. I wish the Treo Pro had the 800 keyboard. I adapted but the gel small keys can be a pain.

I still love Windows Mobile and how tweakable it is. Android is so boring. After 3 days I was done with the Hero. I tried the Moment, yawn and returned.

PPCGeeks is still booming with custom ROM's. Treocentral has really slowed unless you have a Pre or even a Pixi. Palm needs to keep the WinMo form alive since its almost dead.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I never had an 800 but did have a 750 and also preferred the keyboard layout over the Pro, however, at about a year or so into my 750 life cycle I really started having issues with feel of the key--some were really hard to press and it became annoying. Also the calibration on my screen would continually need to be recalibrated.

But on my Pro the keyboard is almost as good as in the beginning and the screen has never needed to be recalibrated. Yes I have had about 3 or 4 times in the year and a half I have owned it that a hard reset was required to fix a bug or glitch (most recently the red end key stoppped putting the device in sleep) but sprite back up works perfectly each time and it is no problem. I just make a new sprite backup on my sd card anytime I am about to install something new and I know I have a good clean working set up if it fails. With a Pre there is not sd card slot so no way to make a backup to a card.

I am a very heavy user that gets a couple hundred emails a day and responds in some form or fashion to at least 50-100 daily on the Pro and it has held up well.

It is a work horse!

I do plan on switching to a Pre when a GSM AT&T compatible version comes out but I will always have my TP in reserve.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Palm needs to keep the WinMo form alive since its almost dead.
    Wouldn't hold my breath on Palm picking up WM ever again...

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Wouldn't hold my breath on Palm picking up WM ever again...
    Ya i've already turned blue in the face hahahahaha!!!!! I give up... Ill be keeping my stp until i see something that is better than it.
    We know its never going to happen but its a shame because a few years ago they were top dog in this style form factor. Other than the Intrepid or Snap (that's a reach) its all but gone. If HTC release the Trophy and its a hit then this form may come back. I happen to prefer a physical keyboard and even better if its up front. Its more important to me than any other feature.

The Pixi? C'mon! How can you tell another person you own a Pixi? It just sounds embarrassing. Treo Pro with an 800 keyboard and I would own it for an extremely long time.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  12.    #12  
    We know its never going to happen but its a shame because a few years ago they were top dog in this style form factor. Other than the Intrepid or Snap (that's a reach) its all but gone. If HTC release the Trophy and its a hit then this form may come back. I happen to prefer a physical keyboard and even better if its up front. Its more important to me than any other feature.

The Pixi? C'mon! How can you tell another person you own a Pixi? It just sounds embarrassing. Treo Pro with an 800 keyboard and I would own it for an extremely long time.
    oh....my...god! The Trophy is the dream device I have been waiting for since the Hitachi G1000 LOL! I have always wanted a windows mobile, portrait, front facing qwerty keyboard phone!
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    ...If HTC release the Trophy and its a hit then this form may come back. I happen to prefer a physical keyboard and even better if its up front. Its more important to me than any other feature...
    Seems that HTC making the Treo Pro for Palm has provided them with additional expertise in this form factor.

I see the HTC Trophy as the most likely device I may migrate after the Treo Pro because of the form factor and the vastly improved screen (VGA, rectangular and capacitive) among other reasons.

Quite frankly, even if Palm decided to come back and re-adopt WM, is unlikely I will ever own another Palm device. I only hope HTC continues to support WM rather than moving all future projects to Android.