1.    #1  
    Alright guys, I just got the Treo Pro and thought it would be an upgrade over the Treo 600 I used to have, and in some respects it is - WiFi, 3G, a nicer camera. But the task management, the phone and the SMS? It seems totally unintuitive

- SMS chats have too much spacing in them, showing less text per screen, and that is not possible to change
    - When I send a text as a reply to someone, it shows up as if I have a new unread message? What? Sent messages are not unread, I wrote them myself!
    - I cannot immediately call someone that i just received a message from. There should be a simple "Call Sender" option. If I just press the Green "call" key that doesn't _just_ call, it asks me to VERIFY the number. Yes, it asks me EVERY time. Yes, this number is correct, can I call already?
    - There's no obvious way to type "" I need it for Danish and it doesn't show up under Alt-O, which would be the most intuitive thing to do (works on the 600).

Tasks:
    - Tasks can be sorted by categories but it's much harder than it used to be. I want to be able to "see" the category
    - To edit a task I have to click it and THEN select Menu->Edit? Why the extra step?
    - I don't see any way to delete a category, only a way to create a new one
    - There's no easy way to see what category you're currently in. This used to be at the top right corner, but now I have to click on an item, and see what category it belongs to or go to the menu to see what my filter is set to.

- Categories for Notes? They don't seem to exist anymore. I cannot reassign a note to another folder in any obvious way.

Are there fixes for any of the above issues? Please tell me the Tree Pro can do at least as well on the Tasks and the Notes as the 600 could. I used to love the 600, especially its task and note software.
    Last edited by indrikis; 01/14/2010 at 04:10 PM.
    if i were to guess about 99% of your problems/complaints can be fixed in the forum just look around here at some of the .cab files cody and others have created and trust me you won't be disappointed!!! Good luck and welcome!
    great trolling, a++++, would read again
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    great trolling, a++++, would read again

Great trolling? Whats up with that? I am just letting someone know what this site has done for me and how i found most of my answers here and giving thanks to people who deserve it .
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    Great trolling? Whats up with that? I am just letting someone know what this site has done for me and how i found most of my answers here and giving thanks to people who deserve it .
    I was talking to the OP

I know my post was out of line, but i'm awfully loyal to my STP hehehe....
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    gotcha i was about to say!! im the same with my STP
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Sounds like a frustrated previous Palm user. It will grow on you, and you will never see yourself using another Phone. The Treo Pro I think is the end of the road for me in terms of buying new phones.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    honestly-i hated my pro when i first got it. i had palm os for 6 years and was very unwilling to swtich- to windows even!
    hold on, hang out. it really is one of the best phones ive had (gsm version).
    suggestion-check out the different launcher apps out there. i use spb mobil launcher, and it makes my pro more user friendly.
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    if i were to guess about 99% of your problems/complaints can be fixed in the forum just look around here at some of the .cab files cody and others have created and trust me you won't be disappointed!!! Good luck and welcome!
    Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie here, but this was a serious post. Can you recommend any particular .cab files for some of the issues I mentioned?