Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I'm looking at the Dell deal going on right now which looks to be an unlocked GSM Treo Pro which will work with my current AT&T SIM card. I looked at a spec comparision and it looks like they crippled the Unlocked GSM version, is this true? Are the devices physically different other than the radio or is there a ROM that exists that will unlock all that extra storage space?

• Less memory (200mb less)
      Infared port (not that its used much anymore)

Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
  2. jbb
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Sprint Treo Pro:
    512MB storage (300MB user available), 128MB RAM

Unlocked GSM Treo Pro:
    256MB storage (100MB user available), 128MB RAM

Both Treo Pro have an IR port.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    I'm looking at the Dell deal going on right now which looks to be an unlocked GSM Treo Pro which will work with my current AT&T SIM card. I looked at a spec comparision and it looks like they crippled the Unlocked GSM version, is this true? Are the devices physically different other than the radio or is there a ROM that exists that will unlock all that extra storage space?

• Less memory (200mb less)
      Infared port (not that its used much anymore)

Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)
    I wouldn't say they crippled the GSM.
    It came out first.
    I think they decided to add more to the CDMA, but they put it in the wrong place - Storage - where it wasn't needed - we've got storage cards.
    That said, the GSM is actually the better of the two.
    Most who got the CDMA moved on because of dropped calls and reception issues.
    The Gsm is all around amazing - radio, reception, call quality, and stability.
    There are many frustrated complaint threads regarding the CDMA.
    The only early on issues certain ones had with the Gsm was cracks.
    It looks as if Palm got a handle on it.
    Just call me Berd.
    You could also find more info by reading ronbo's sticky.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Thanks Berd

Good thing I waited because I refreshed Dell's page this morning and its back down to $179
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!