Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I got my Treo Pro on Friday and started the setup with Active Sync and it said I need to contact the Admin. and do this. Our IT person was gone for the day so I waited for him to help me on Monday. So he came over and there was the file Setup-Activesync.msi on the desk top and loaded the software only this time is did not say anything about needing Admin sign-in which was strange because it had stopped the instillation on Friday because I did not have it. It finnished and I connected but it would not see my Treo. a pop up came up to do a test and after all the test were done I got the message "Unable to establish a connection between PC and the device".

Now when I hook up my Treo ActiveSync opens but it does not get a connection. This is very strange to me because it obviously knows that it is a device that needs to use ActiveSync or it would not open it and it just does not connect. I have uninstalled ActiveSync and thought that I would start over but now when I connect the Treo nothing happens.

The IT person asked me to bring in the install disk but there was ot install disk.

-=-=-=-

I have reinstalled the software from setup because I was given Admin level and when I plug in my Treo Pro it sees it but it can not connect. I know it sees it because ActiveSync starts trying to connect in the bar next to the clock (I'm not sure what that is called) but it turn from Gray to green and spins but does not connect or sync.

For a while a little ballon popped up "Found New Hardware" 'MTP Device' and now that has gone away.

Troupleshooter for ActiveSync pops up and I do the scan but everything passes and so there is no solution.

The only thing in the Menu Bar that is not grayed out is "Connection Settings" I click on Connect there and it scans( Please wait while Setup locates your mobile device.) but does not connect and it says "Your device was not detected". if I click next it goes through the scan again with the same results.

Under Connection Setting I have checked Show status icon in taskbar, Allow USB connections and Open ActiveSync ehrn my device connects. This computer is connected to: and the pull down selected is Automatic.

I am using Windows XP

I am able to sync with my home netbook (Windows XP) without any problem but I did not have to stop the installation once it was started like i did here at work.

Thanks for any ideas to get this to work,

jOHN

I have also tried to do a hard Reset and start from scratch and it still can not be seen by the PC.
    i will admit i didn't read all of that, but if you go to the PCSetup icon on your Treo, is it set to 'synchronize'?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    i will admit i didn't read all of that, but if you go to the PCSetup icon on your Treo, is it set to 'synchronize'?
    Yes it is set to sunchronize. It automatically goes to that setting after the initial set up. I had to go an set it back when I was loading the software otherwise the PC did not see the software for the setup.
    Try turning off "Enable advanced network functionality" in Settings-Connections-USB to PC.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks! That seemed to do the trick! It now seems to be working and is now Processing my contacts!