Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have been using a treo for a number of years and currently have the Centro. I just ordered a Pro and I am just wondering if it will sync all my current information, notes, Photos, calender and contacts. I currently sync to Windows Outlook at work, Windows PalmDesktop on my home laptop and Palm Desktop (Mac) on my Mac at home. This is one thing that I love about having a palm all these years because some on this information I have had since my original Palm Pilot (way before smartphones).

Will this all sync with the Pro?

Is there a certain platform to sync with first? (My work Windows Desktop I do not sync my photos)

Any tip on making this a smooth as possible?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    It will only sync without a problem in the Windows Outlook machine. For the others you will be out of luck.

So yes, sync first to the Outlook machine. For the other two I am not sure what would be best, perhaps to install Outlook in the Home machine and same on the Mac.

Many folks around here sync nowadays with the "cloud" and Gmail services, so thats an alternative for you to keep everything in sync everywhere.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    I have been using a treo for a number of years and currently have the Centro. I just ordered a Pro and I am just wondering if it will sync all my current information, notes, Photos, calender and contacts. I currently sync to Windows Outlook at work, Windows PalmDesktop on my home laptop and Palm Desktop (Mac) on my Mac at home. This is one thing that I love about having a palm all these years because some on this information I have had since my original Palm Pilot (way before smartphones).

Will this all sync with the Pro?

Is there a certain platform to sync with first? (My work Windows Desktop I do not sync my photos)

Any tip on making this a smooth as possible?
    What I did when I made the switch from Palm to WM was to use PocketMirror (Chapura) usually supplied with the Palm driver CD, to sync my Notes, Contacts, Calendar information from Palm to MS Outlook on my desktop machine. Then installed Activesync (desktop machine) and sync'd back from MS Outlook (desktop) to Pocket Outlook (Treo Pro). Please note that not all Palm fields on contact/calendar are supported on MS Outlook, so you will have to do some editing and perhaps enter some missing information on Outlook manually once you are done synching.

The photos are an easier job: just create a folder on the SD card and copy all there. Then load the card to the Treo Pro and transfer them to the destination of choice. I usually keep my photos on the card rather than the device memory. If you want them in main memory, copy them to folder My Documents/My Pictures.

Hope this helps.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo