Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Pro 3G, lately it seems to have some issues with a none responsive touch screen, not consistent but enough to to be damn annoying, also I have an alarm going off when no alarms are set at/for that time, it was previously set but has since had the time and event changed but the "old" time and event goes off which again is annoying.

I feel it may be time to consider a 'Hard Reset' how is this done and what, if any precautions should I take prior to the 'Hard rest'.

Thanks I appreciate any help/advice offered.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    use a program like sprite backup and backup ur phone..once you do a hard reset all ur data..contacts etc will be gone
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    To do a hard reset, hold down your red end button while you do a soft reset using the stylus. Keep holding the end button until you see a "erase all data" w/ yes and no option come up as arrows pointing up and down. Choose the up(erase) and it will start the process.

Hope this helps.
    that can also be done simply by holding the red button while reinstalling the battery. I've had to do it to my pro numerous times so its gotten to the point where i just save all the cab files to a folder on my storage card and synced my phone with gmail. That way i always have my contacts backed up!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    OK it's done and working fine now thanks to all who replied.

Had a scary moment when restore failed, tried it a couple of times but no go.

Fortunately I have a Treo 750 that I also carry (Different carrier) that I also synced and was able to sync to Outlook and then back to the Pro.

Any ideas on why it failed to restore, I used Sprite backup?
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    thanks