1.    #1  
    Is it Sprint or something I am doing?

I was with friends (who had their iPhones) and their web experience was FAR better than what I could do, They were 10x the speed when opening web-pages.

I use my Treo Pro 80% for e-mail/phone calls/text...which it does very well.

I was wondering...I thought Sprints 3G was supposed to be far faster/superior...I am just flat out NOT experiencing that.

I do not have any other apps or shells running...I do have "activesync" running and that may have some effect.

Can anyone help/comment?
    What web browser are you using, because if it is pocket internet explorer then that is your problem. Download opera mini for the fastest, and skyfire if you want that desktop like browsing experience.
    NetFront is also a pretty good browser for WM. Lots of configurations and options for optimal web browsing...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    skyfire is the most amazing browser i have ever used for windows 6+.

i can read any and every website thrown its way and is VERY easy to work.
    Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 is hands down the best browser I have tried. I had given up on mobile browsing altogether on the Treo Pro until this came along after using PIE, Skyfire, Opera Mobile 9, and Iris.

Opera Mobile 10 beta | Inspiration comes in small packages
    yep.
    You need skyfire my friend.

Free and fabulous!
    Other than telling you which browser is the best, which everyone seems to have an opinion on there could be several factors impacting your browser speed--some things to think about and/or check

* clear your cache--this can make a huge difference

* I believe that the AT&T 3G network is currently faster than Sprint's too so if they had 3G or 3GS iphones they will be faster. This is debatable and some will tell you Sprint is faster but you could have been in a great 3G location for AT&T and a dud of a location for Sprint too--

* System memory available and resources available have a huge impact. You could have had several apps running and we all know the iphone only runs one at a time--therefore the one that is running on the iphone gets all the resources, unlike your TP which could have had seveal running. You can manually close apps by pressing and holding the ok button than selecting memory from the options--there you can close all or close the ones you want.

* If you check these threads for "speed up browsing" there are ways to increase your connections and thus increase browsing speed.

Anyway, just a few ideas from a non-expert that reads these boards and tries stuff.

My vote for best browser is Opera Mobile--they have a free beta that is great and handles full sized web pages well with a great zoom feature and also finger scrolls great too. I use PIE to google something quickly but when looking for lots of detail Opera Mobile is great.--get the one for a PPC WM phone with a touch screen.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Mobile browser wars aside, you definitely need to take into account a few things:

- AT&T vs Sprint. They key question to answer is coverage. AT&T is faster, yes, but it greatly depends on your coverage and where you live. IF you live in a big metro area, such as SF or NY you will be hurting. Sprint/Verizon never let me down in those locales, I always had 3G solid (200kbps+). Now that I have AT&T in SF I have been EDGE'd in my occasional biz trips (100kbps feels bad)

- I strongly suggest getting a memory management app (MemMaid is my "homie", as the young kids say these days) and run a couple of scans to see what's chewing up memory. You may also be able to optimize your performance with those tools.

- Try a few browsers for yourself. The world is not IE only. I have personally played with Opera Mini 5 (latest beta) Skyfire, IE and I have found that a blend of browsers will serve me best than a single one. For example, I have a handful core of pages I always use/browse, they work perfect in IE since they are either mobile versions or heavy text websites (forums, for example). For accessing real websites, Skyfire is my charm. I do not use it to access password-protected sites (given the remote server aproach).
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    - I strongly suggest getting a memory management app (MemMaid is my "homie", as the young kids say these days) and run a couple of scans to see what's chewing up memory. You may also be able to optimize your performance with those tools.
    Agree 100%, not only to improve browsing but to improve stability and efficiency of the entire OS. I have MemMaid and run one scheduled clean daily and sometimes an additional one manually when warranted. There are other tools available, some with even more functionality so look around.

- Try a few browsers for yourself. The world is not IE only. I have personally played with Opera Mini 5 (latest beta) Skyfire, IE and I have found that a blend of browsers will serve me best than a single one.
    Again, 100% agreement here. IE is a VERY slow browser for anything other than text or mobile-optimized sites. I use Opera Mobile (v.9.7 BETA) for most of my browsing. I tried but don't like the 10 BETA version as much, too much tapping to do same thing as with 9.7 - guess a matter of taste here. As with most everything else on WM, you have other choices to better suit your style of mobile computing.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo