1.    #1  
    Ok, elected to keep a treo pro I got (from dell unlocked) and signed up with tmobile ($10 and got a $25 of free minutes).

Anyway would like to grab old outlook notes and put them on my phone. they are on my win xp laptop. can I copy a notes database file off the laptop to a card then toss on the phone via the memory card? if so what location do I need to put them in and do I have to add catagorys to the phone first so Notes knows which catagorys each note belongs in (on the old palm OS treos one had to do that step).

Guess better plan would be to copy them to my exchange server outlook account at work then just create a mail profile for my work exchange account on my treo pro. So...guess this last idea would be better but how does one do that please?

Going from the palm tro 650/700 (forget the model) to a pre though never put my notes on exchange...had always been on my treo phone and home outlook account. And of course my pre sucks for storage of notes.

using windows 7 on desktop pc at home and doing windows live mail so no outlook software on my desktop pc.

thanks for the assist. I'm sure I will have other 'newbie' questions about this phone going forward.
    Last edited by motor; 12/17/2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    You can manually transfer the notes to the phone, and they will be detected automatically. You can put them in the main memory. Open File Explorer and point to My Devce-My Documents. Place them there. The Notes program on the phone uses that directory to save any note you generate on the phone, this is very useful when you are on a phone call and need to take a note, the phone will open a new note with the header being the call details in question (i.e. caller, date and time). Nifty.

I assume if you generated them in Outlook they may bring the metadata with them (i.e. category). I have not tested that myself though.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    You can manually transfer the notes to the phone, and they will be detected automatically. You can put them in the main memory. Open File Explorer and point to My Devce-My Documents. Place them there. The Notes program on the phone uses that directory to save any note you generate on the phone, this is very useful when you are on a phone call and need to take a note, the phone will open a new note with the header being the call details in question (i.e. caller, date and time). Nifty.

I assume if you generated them in Outlook they may bring the metadata with them (i.e. category). I have not tested that myself though.
    The note features is one of my favorites, however since upgrading to Window 7, can't sync notes to the outlook desktop anymore, so I use onenote mobile for notes that require syncing to the pc.