1.    #1  
    I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation--I will try to explain it as well as I can, but let me know if you have questions.

Today I sent two picture messages to a friend. He text me back and asked something completely off the wall and totally unrelated to the picture. After almost arguing about it, I decide to look at the message I sent to him. In my SMS/MMS sent items folder I find the messages, but I also see that my Treo Pro has attached seemingly random text to one of the messages. I did not type that text nor did the picture message itself actually include any text.

The odd part to me is that I know I sent that "random text" several weeks ago attached to another picture. But that message has been deleted probably since the day after it was sent--so several weeks (if not over a month).
    I'm bewildered and a little worried about this glitch. I don't understand how it could happen, much less why and let's not even get into the fact that what if that random text itself was not intended for the recipient on its second go round!

Its not the first time its happened. The other time I had just power reset my phone and when it came back on I recieved an SMS from my mom asking why I kept sending her the same text over and over--once again messages not ever intended for her.

What is going on here? Should I hard reset? (Though the first time happened after a recent hard reset and I have since done a second hard rest and its happening again.)

Another thing (perhaps related) is that in my SMS drafts folder there is a blank message with no recipients listed. I cannot delete it, even if I clear all read SMS/MMS messages (option in the menu tools). This is my 2nd Treo Pro and the first one had this same issue with a blank message just sitting in the drafts. EDIT: I actually can't open or edit this message but the time stamp on it changes anytime I send something from the drafts folder.

I regularly use the SMS/MMS option to clear out and clean up my messages... so I'm confused as to how messages that have been deleted for weeks suddenly reappear and get sent out or even attached to other messages that they aren't related to.

Any ideas? I haven't installed any suspiscious apps nor do I do any registry edits to my phone. My carrier is Sprint. Please help!!!
    Last edited by amythyst; 12/09/2009 at 11:42 PM.
    What was the random text?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    What was the random text?
    Hha, well I'd rather keep that from public.
    Oh, sorry, I thought you meant it was some random system-generated text that would give us a clue to help diagnose your problem...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Oh, sorry, I thought you meant it was some random system-generated text that would give us a clue to help diagnose your problem...
    Hah, no. If it wasn't so personal then I might share, but it was an old message I had sent probably a month ago, and it reappeared out of the blue.

Guess no one's ever had that happen before? Is it possible for my phone to have a virus?
    i dont think its a virus, do you have sprint?
    Smart Phone History->Centro-> Treo 700wx-> Treo 755p-> Htc Mogul -> Treo 800w-> Palm Treo Pro
  7.    #7  
    Yea I do have Sprint.
    My STP, resends text messages every once in a while. It happens mostly when I soft rest the treo.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    I've had mine resend text and repeat text from others. A mystery to me!
    Treo 90, Palm Tungsten W, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T)
  10.    #10  
    OMG this phone is driving me up the wall right now. It has picked a random text and keeps sending (nearly 20x in the past half hour) to the same person over and over and over and over and over!!! It doesn't even show in my outbox or sent items. I'm so effin I could throw the thing against the wall. I've soft reset at least 5x & I can't find any magic buttons or #s to key in to hard reset the whole thing. The receiving person is pretty effin irritated too. I ****ing hate Sprint and Palm right now. NEVER had such a hard time resetting a phone with AT&T, nor did I have such mysterious issues with it resending old messages as in the OP & this post.
    ^soooo....go back to AT&T, simple solution.

Anyways, mine sends random txt too. I'm looking into it to see if theres a resoultion, figured mines getting old.

Also, when sending picmail, it always says it fails, but actually sends it still, flawlessly, everytime. Does this happen to anyone else too??
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek535 View Post
    ^soooo....go back to AT&T, simple solution.

Anyways, mine sends random txt too. I'm looking into it to see if theres a resoultion, figured mines getting old.

Also, when sending picmail, it always says it fails, but actually sends it still, flawlessly, everytime. Does this happen to anyone else too??
    I'm with Sprint for a reason (i.e. when I signed up for my own plan, AT&T was asking for huge deposits from everyone). Generally I'm happy with their service, but the phone is really getting to me.

I did a hard reset after searching this site (because the info wasn't found on Sprint's) and for now, its working better.

Mine does that with the pic msgs too--will almost immediately say it failed and when I send the second time, it goes through fine.
    I had similar issues. When I would send a text larger than 160 characters it would merge it with a txt left in the drafts folder. I cleared out the drafts folder and it seemed to fix the issue for me. I am with Tmo but hopefully this might help.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

14.    #14  
    I did have a weird blank text in my drafts folder... I couldn't do anything to it including delete it... the hard reset of course took care of it, but I think that was part of the problem with resending old messages.