1. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Just in case anyone's wondering why there's a sudden spate of posts about HiLauncher in this forum, it's because the developer has offered a free licence to anyone who posts a (preferably positive) review of the WM port of this application in a Windows Mobile forum.

I used to rate the program highly on Palm OS, but on WM I'm quite happy with the (totally free)
    Last edited by Me2; 12/02/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I agree with you that there are alternatives and I was one of the people that posted a review of HiLauncher for WM. But I decided to help fund development of the product because I truly believe that it is one of the most important software packages on my Treo Pro. I purchased my copy of HiLauncher. Having multiple options to choose from is, of course, a good thing.

Just my opinion.

It is not completely fair to assume that everyone posting a review is doing it just for free software only.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I agree with you that there are alternatives and I was one of the people that posted a review of HiLauncher for WM. But I decided to help fund development of the product because I truly believe that it is one of the most important software packages on my Treo Pro. I purchased my copy of HiLauncher. Having multiple options to choose from is, of course, a good thing.
    There didn't seem to be a lot of information on the website. And I have several questions before I even try it. I really don't need it for my Treo Pro, but I got an amazing offer on a Tilt2 that I just couldn't pass up. But I hate the WM6.5 nonsequential honeycomb menu. So, does HiLauncher handle WM6.5? And can it handle a WVGA screen?
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    So, does HiLauncher handle WM6.5? And can it handle a WVGA screen?
    Very good questions. Unfortunately since I have a Treo Pro I am not sure the answers. I suggest that you ask RNS with their support form located HERE. Every time I have asked questions in the past they have responded quickly.

Sorry that I am not much help on those issues.
    So, does HiLauncher handle WM6.5? And can it handle a WVGA screen?
    Yes to both, kraski Feel free to ask your questions here, as well

And a few words of explaination regarding the main topic of this thread: We indeed asked our valued Customers to post some reviews/comments all over the Internet, but we also asked them to strictly follow this clause: Please note that it is NOT our goal to spam or abuse any forums. So make sure your review is substantial, comprehensive, and more elaborated than just "Hey! I like Hi-Launcher! You all should try it!". Instead, write something that other forum users might really find interesting and useful. So IMHO it's quite fair. To be honest, we've had only positive feedback apart from this thread... provided that you can call this thread negative
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    Yes to both, kraski Feel free to ask your questions here, as well
    One other question. Does it operate from the Windows key, the start menu button or both?
    One other question. Does it operate from the Windows key, the start menu button or both?
    Hi-Launcher is so flexible that it can do any of these, or all together. Depending on the "Menu trigger" option that you choose. Take a look at this User's Manual chapter - it should explain everything:
    RNS:: Hi-Launcher - User's Manual - Menu Trigger screen
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    Hi-Launcher is so flexible that it can do any of these, or all together. Depending on the "Menu trigger" option that you choose. Take a look at this User's Manual chapter - it should explain everything:
    RNS:: Hi-Launcher - User's Manual - Menu Trigger screen
    I'll have to try it in the next week or so. Might be just what I'm looking for.
    I haven't used Hi-Launcher for my Treo Pro, but it was awesome on my Centro. Great to see the developer is on this site--my "hats off" to ya for making a program that truly improved the function of my former pda phone. I don't really have a use for it on my PPC, thanks to the versatility of windows mobile's today screen, but perhaps someday I will try it.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I'll have to try it in the next week or so. Might be just what I'm looking for.
    Great! Feel free to download Hi-Launcher from www.hilauncher.com and try it!