Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hesitate to even think about it, but I'm so rough on electronics it's a possibility. Being on AT&T, I'm really disappointed that the Pro was only a flash in the pan as far as their offerings. I love mine, but with so many new phones out with improved features (alright, with these weak eyes, just a bigger screen is enticing) I'm not sure I would get another Pro.

So, if your Pro died tomorrow ... what would you do??
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What do you want?

A WM with or without keypad?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    What do you want?

A WM with or without keypad?
    Fortunately, I don't have the decision to make now. But it's not about my preference as much as I'm curious if other Pro users have done some comparisons and come up with possibilities.
    I would probably get an unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2 or wait a few weeks and get a unlocked Nokia N900.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

For myself, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another WM device.
    Treo Pro or Touch Pro 2.
    Just call me Berd.
    cry
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I would probably get an unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2 or wait a few weeks and get a unlocked Nokia N900.
    I had a Nokia when they had the 600 series out. I loved the phone, but hated Symbian and the poor sync with Exchange server. Have heard good things about the HTC Touch Pro 2.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    For myself, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another WM device.
    Treo Pro or Touch Pro 2.
    After so many, many years and fierce loyalty to the Palm OS, I found that my conversion to WM took about a week. After that I never looked back. I tend to think my next would also be WM.
    i'd be the first at the sprint store in the morning to get another one i love this phone
    I hadn't even though about it before this thread. Last night I checked for a new replacement Pro at Amazon. They had several listed including the Palm site who is selling them for $400 for the unlocked version.
    The thought of having to figure out how to tweak another device to my liking makes me cringe. I don't even want to try to learn a new OS and how to "jailbreak" blah blah blah. I must be getting old, or maybe I just have too much stuff to do now. So, here's hoping my Treo Pro is gonna last another year or more.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I like this phone, lack of screen real estate is starting to bug me and also more than anything i would like multitouch. Until a iphone-thin & sleek device slightly less wide with a slide out keyboard comes out (Droid is too bulky and square). 1GHz with smart clocking/power management would be nice too. Of course it must have a killer camera (5MP+) with multi-led flash. Of course removable storage (how about 2+ sdhc slots?) & battery. It should also have the kinetic charging technology Nokia has developed. Basically it's got to have everything and the kitchen sink or I'm not interested.

I'm pretty sure my next platform will be android at least Google will make this available to all android devices. I also think they will eventually get the best development community as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    The thought of having to figure out how to tweak another device to my liking makes me cringe. I don't even want to try to learn a new OS and how to "jailbreak" blah blah blah. I must be getting old, or maybe I just have too much stuff to do now. So, here's hoping my Treo Pro is gonna last another year or more.
    This is why I wonder if I ought to buy a spare while they are still available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    This is why I wonder if I ought to buy a spare while they are still available.
    Too Late,
    I've already bought them all up.
    Just call me Berd.
    I would get another treo pro. Seriously, this form factor is perfect for me. The only thing that might tempt me away is the touch hd 2
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    I would get another treo pro. Seriously, this form factor is perfect for me. The only thing that might tempt me away is the touch hd 2
    While the extra screen real estate is tempting, I've played with a friends. Man it's heavy compared to the Treo Pro. I'm not sure there's a comparable form factor out there (with WM), so it may be that's the direction to take.

Interesting no one's thinking iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    While the extra screen real estate is tempting, I've played with a friends. Man it's heavy compared to the Treo Pro. I'm not sure there's a comparable form factor out there (with WM), so it may be that's the direction to take.

Interesting no one's thinking iphone.
    I've been with AT&T for a long time. When I was asking some questions about the Pure & the Tilt2, they made me a nice enough offer that I'm now regularly using the Tilt2, have the Treo Pro as an unlocked backup. The Tilt2 isn't much heavier than the Treo Pro with the Seidio 3500mah battery & gets better battery life with the stock 1500mah battery than the extended battery in the Treo Pro did. And the larger screen does wonders for my older eyes.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would probably get the palm pre or the hero
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Too Late,
    I've already bought them all up.
    Changed my mind and have decided to regress to a flip phone I still have.
    Being on Sprint, if mine died tomorrow, i'd go back to my 700Wx temporarily while I scored another one off craigslist or something.

If I were on GSM, then i'd consider the Nokia E72.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast