1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I just changed my screen protector & noticed how much better the screen looks without one.

Doesanyone use theirs without a protector? Is the screen pretty tough? Any regrets?

Thanks
    I haven't used a screen protector on any Treo since the 755 no regrets on any enen though the screen is not recessed the innocase provides a nice rim
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    I haven't used a screen protector on any Treo since the 755 no regrets on any enen though the screen is not recessed the innocase provides a nice rim
    Thanks that's good to know. Mine is also in the Innocase.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Are you using a anti-glare protector?

I am using one right now, and messes with the screen quality. I would change it out, but I am poor right now.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    Are you using a anti-glare protector?

I am using one right now, and messes with the screen quality. I would change it out, but I am poor right now.
    I use the BodyGuardz, I don't believe that is classified as anti glare.

I actually didn't realize how much it affects the screen until I took it off to put a new one on.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Yep, that's not anti-glaire. It is amazing what a protector will do to the screen of the TP. I just don't know if I could handle using my TP without a protector.
    I used mine without a screen protector and the Innocase for a while. I didn't have any scratches on the screen, but the fingerprints drove me crazy. Now I use clear armor from case-mate.com. I like this a lot.
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    I used mine without a screen protector and the Innocase for a while. I didn't have any scratches on the screen, but the fingerprints drove me crazy. Now I use clear armor from case-mate.com. I like this a lot.
    Thanks, the fingerprints & smudges drive me crazy also & I am worried about scratching the screen from too much wiping.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    No protector since purchase time (I got it at launch day!).

The screen gets smudges and fingerprints and crud all over, but definitely has stood the test of time. I keep my Treo encased in a Seidio Innocase II but that does not cover the screen.

FYI, any film on top of the screen will reduce visibility by as much as 20% unless is labeled as "optical quality" which only affects 5%. This is already bad as resistive touchscreen films have only 85% transmissivity, so what we see in our "naked" TP is already downgraded...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    I've had a Sony Clie, the Treo 650, 755, and now the Pro. All of them I carried naked (the device, LOL, without any case) in my front pant's pocket. I just hate skins, cases, screen protectors or any other thing there is for putting on phones (except for apps, of course). No issue at all ... ever.

Them smartphones are so much better to look at, handle, use and carry without such additions.
    I carried mine around for a few months without a screen protector, and had no problems with scratches on the screen. The back of the device was a different story. I couldn't stand all the scratches, so I got an invisible shield, which came with a screen protector. I slapped it on since it came with it, and I don't notice much difference.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    No screen protector here, with Innocase. I hate screen protectors, every time I've used a touchscreen device with one the sensitivity has been effected.

Unless someone can recommend me a Treo Pro screen protector that doesn't destroy the screen touch sensitivity?...
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    No screen protector here, with Innocase. I hate screen protectors, every time I've used a touchscreen device with one the sensitivity has been effected.

Unless someone can recommend me a Treo Pro screen protector that doesn't destroy the screen touch sensitivity?...
    I only had that happen once. All I did was do a screen alignment to correct it. I have heard a few needed to do a hard reset. Remembering back their was one or two brands that were really thick that caused problems, just can't remember the name.
    I've had mine since a couple of months after the launch and have never used a screen protector. Not a single scratch ... and I used to use protectors on previous Palms. I was always a little irritated with the loss of a clear screen.

I keep mine in my pants or jacket pocket. I have a few scratches on the back, and the one irritation I have is dust under the screen. It isn't visible in bright light when viewing directly on, but otherwise it's irritating.