1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Must of us very happy GSM Treo Pro owners, and most of us have had it for a year or more.

Are you thinking of a replacement? If so what do you see as a potential replacement? Nothing is jumping out at me at this time.

I would much appreciate your input.

Thanks Much.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Must of us very happy GSM Treo Pro owners, and most of us have had it for a year or more.

Are you thinking of a replacement? If so what do you see as a potential replacement? Nothing is jumping out at me at this time.

I would much appreciate your input.

Thanks Much.
    Maybe an HTC Leo/Touch HD2 or the inevitable Touch Pro3. I love the Touch Pro 2 but it's just not enough of an upgrade from the Treo Pro. A Snapdragon or Tegra processor is a must.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505

I made some inquiries about the Pure & the Tilt2. Being a long time AT&T customer, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So, I now own a Treo Pro & a Tilt2. The larger screen is easier on my eyes. And maybe it's the WM 6.5 power management, but even though both phones have the same stock mah batteries, I'm at 50% on the Tilt2 with the same usage that'd have me putting in a 2nd battery in the Treo Pro.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I have a CDMA, and I don;t think there is anything else I need in a phone. I really do not see myself getting another phone. What else could be added to phone to make it more appealing? IMO, nothing.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I made some inquiries about the Pure & the Tilt2. Being a long time AT&T customer, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So, I now own a Treo Pro & a Tilt2. The larger screen is easier on my eyes. And maybe it's the WM 6.5 power management, but even though both phones have the same stock mah batteries, I'm at 50% on the Tilt2 with the same usage that'd have me putting in a 2nd battery in the Treo Pro.
    I got a great offer from Premier for the BB 9700, I almost got it but then realized that I like 9700 because of it's similarity to the Treo, then ofcourse it doesn't make sense to go into a contract for that.

Glad you like the Tilt2, a friend od mine got the Pure recently & also likes it.
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I have a CDMA, and I don;t think there is anything else I need in a phone. I really do not see myself getting another phone. What else could be added to phone to make it more appealing? IMO, nothing.
    Very well said, I am with you.
    My wife really likes the Nokia N900 Nokia USA - Nokia N900 - Products I may get it for her for Christmas. Then I might put her Pro Ebay or save it as a spare. I am not sure yet.

I am still happy with the Pro and will have it for at least another year.
    Last edited by palandri; 11/17/2009 at 08:35 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    The Tilt2 is a nice phone!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

A Pre, or Pixi, or an Android Device.

Honestly, I will be using my GTP as long as I can.
    If it breaks, I'll prolly try and get another.
    Even if I have to get a used one.

I joked in another thread that I'm gonna start buying up all the GTP's I can find.

I have so much tied up with WM that if it comes to having to move away from Treo, I may just get some other WM Device.
    Just call me Berd.
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I like the Pixi very much, unfortunately it does not have WiFi which is a must for me.

I am not too fond of sliders so the Pre does not interest me. I am looking forward to the TP replacement in Web OS.

The Treo 750 was my first serious WM phone having had the QTEK 9100 for two months prior to that. I came from Nokia s40 & then Symbian. Truthfully it was the Palm enhancements to the 750 & then the TP was a natural progression even though it is closer to a generic HTC device.

I have no special desire to stay with WM or get away from it. I would like to try the Android OS & the Web OS eventually, but for now I am content with my TP.
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I got a great offer from Premier for the BB 9700, I almost got it but then realized that I like 9700 because of it's similarity to the Treo, then ofcourse it doesn't make sense to go into a contract for that.

Glad you like the Tilt2, a friend of mine got the Pure recently & also likes it.
    Well the offer from AT&T was too good to refuse, sorry guys. I picked up the BB last week, this is my first one, it is very different but I do like it very much.

Barring anything unusual happening, I will be keeping it & moving away from the TP. I haven't quite decided to keep the TP or sell it.

It's been a great being with such helpful people but I am saying "bye" atleast for the time being.
    And Moment (Android) has some nice features I am looking at; however, it is not a 'mature" OS and has its own set of problems. However, due to the over heating problem and lockups I am experiencing with my 1st & 2nd Touch Pro 2, the Moment is about the only change I can see due to its external keyboard. As a note, I also had 2 Touch Pros. The first died at the boot loader screen and the 2nd is still going strong.
    Personally, as much as I love the Treo Pro, I was still bouncing back and forth between it and my Blackberry Bold. I just couldn't give up BB Messenger....until I found a GSM Treo Pro cooked Win Mo 6.5 rom this weekend. I took the plunge and flashed the rom onto my TP, and it's like a brand new phone. I love 6.5 on it waaaaaaaaaaaay better than 6.1. It has the interface i like without have the system bogged down with spb mobile shell. I am just realloy pleased with it and will only end up using my blackberry if my TP is charging....but really, I don't think I'll even do that. Now that I have some of my nursing progrmas on it and a 16 gb memory card, and can't even imagine straying from winmo again.
    I am very tempted to get the Pre as soon as there is a legitimately, easily available version available in the US with 3G AT&T capability. Candidly, my TP works great but I would really like to have the larger screen size for a better web experience. I need a front facing qwerty for one handed operation and 200 or so emails per day but have checked out enough Sprint Pre's that I will be willing to give it a try.

I already use MS exchange through my employer so transition should be easy. I am not married to WM as I had a POS 650 and only switched to WM to enable 3G, simultaneous voice and data and multi-tasking. Seeing as the TP is far more stable and reliable for me than the 750 I am hoping that Palm keeps improving their devices...who knows. Nothing about my change from the 650 to the 750 and Pro was really specific to WM so I am happy to try a ground up designed for a handheld Web OS.

My wife has an iphone which would never work for me (no hard keyboard) but as painful as it is to admit the OS (IMO) is really terrific.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    palm pre or whatever android devices come out in the future for sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusprice View Post
    palm pre or whatever android devices come out in the future for sprint
    I've been helping a friend get ready for a VZW upgrade. The Droid is definitely a sweet phone. It works well, with a fairly mature marketplace system.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i'll wait for a pixi att with wifi. altho it's going to kill me not to have a 5-way. that's the one thing that i'm seriously having issues about with the new palm look.
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!