View Poll Results: If you've used both on your Treo Pro - which do you prefer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll

1 5.26%

6 31.58%

10 52.63%
  • I like them both the same.

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried it for a few hours and found it awkward.

I'm content with 6.1.
    Just call me Berd.
    What's the big deal about IPhones? Who cares about the Hero? Some people just have to have it.

Personally, I went to 6.5 because 6.1 was buggy on the Treo. I've used 6.1 on other devices with no problems but it seems like all versions are quirky on the Treo Pro.
    I haven't installed .5 on my Pro yet, but I've seen enough videos of it that I don't see it as a worthwhile upgrade. I have .1 pimped out on my device to the point that I don't have to move away from the home screen to get the majority of my information, and I think it would take a while for me to reinstall everything on my device after an OS update. So, for now, I'm sticking with .1.

I have to disagree regarding .1's stability. It is rock solid on my phone, and I can't remember the last time I did a soft reset.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I have two Treo Pros. Both were buggy to the point of locking up and/or being unuseable.

I 'upgraded' one of them to 6.5 which fixed those particular problems but created a couple more minor ones.
    6.1 was very stable on my device, but honestly 6.5 is very stable as well so far - just uses a little more memory. But I was running SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my TP before so I think it's about a push. The graphics are much nicer in 6.5 and I just like the "coolness" factor of it.
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if the instabilty is only with Sprint 6.1.

Because 6.1 is the most Rock Solid OS I've ever had on a Treo. Never freezes. Never resets.
    I have a gsm.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Because 6.1 is the most Rock Solid OS I've ever had on a Treo. Never freezes. Never resets.
    I have a gsm.
    That's what I was thinking. 6.1 for me is real stable.

I've followed 6.5, but I have no real desire to upgrade to it, unless it did something 6.1 didn't do.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I have a gsm.

Yes, I must clarify, I have a GSM Treo Pro. Incredibly stable for a Windows Phone. I am sooo happy to finally have a device I don't have to worry about crashing on me during critical moments.
    I've never tried 6.5 on the Treo Pro, but I do have it on my Tilt 2.

The menu is chaotic -- things are added by when they were installed, not by name or function. I know Vista does that, but Vista doesn't use the honeycomb menuing where you're never quite sure where in each V shaped row an app will get added. Yes, you can rearrange things & add subfolders, but only manually.

On the other hand, with higher resolution, etc., the power management in 6.5 makes it possible to get the same amount of time out of the 1500mah battery as I got on the Treo Pro with a 3500mah battery. Nice!
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    I tried it for a few hours and found it awkward.

I'm content with 6.1.
    I'm sticking with 6.5 for now (I tried to downgrade back to 6.1 just to see if I could and my Sprite Backup restore failed). Bluetooth seems to work much better on 6.5 - with 6.1 I had some strange Bluetooth behavior. The Titanium interface takes a little getting used to - but it's not too different from 6.1 Standard, which I had on the Moto Q9h before this. 6.5 uses more memory, but I haven't had any issues with it, and it's been very stable for me.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

I have a gsm.
    That's kind of what I was thinking also. My GTP is rock solid with 6.1 & I don't see anything yet in 6.5 that I want to upgrade for.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Yes, I must clarify, I have a GSM Treo Pro. Incredibly stable for a Windows Phone. I am sooo happy to finally have a device I don't have to worry about crashing on me during critical moments.
    Come to think of it, my Pro is also the most stable Palm I've ever had. Given the problems of the past I am not looking to even try something new. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    Come to think of it, my Pro is also the most stable Palm I've ever had. Given the problems of the past I am not looking to even try something new. Why?
    Amen to that. "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." Besides, Windows Mobile 5/6.1/6.5 are all the same to me; I rely on 3rd party support, not Microsoft, to make my device function the way I want it.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I guess I'm in the minority with a Sprint TP. I have no issues with 6.1 what so ever. Tried 6.5 and to me it's not ready for the TP yet.
    I think you should add a 6.5.1 option to that list.

I've been using 6.5.1 with my Treo for about two months now and I don't have the same crashes that I had with 6.1. It is rock solid, and I like the start button at the bottom. There are a few ways to have four or five icons per row at the honeycomb and you can easily arrange them.

I believe that the main difference for me is the performance and the use of a finger friendly OS. I rarely use the dpad now. Is easier to pick an option in a menu directly with your finger than scrolling using the dpad.

Just my humble opinion.

gb
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Haven't been too impressed with the stability of 6.1 on the treo pro (sprint)...probably the least stable windows mobile iteration i've tried. Had an htc touch with 6.1 before this and found ithat version more reliable...tempted to install the 'clean' 6.1 to see if that resolves any issues but been short on time.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    I think you should add a 6.5.1 option to that list.
    Done.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    What is the point of installing a "finger friendly" operating system update on a device that is known for being "one handed friendly"? That is the main reason I never wanted to flash 6.5 to my Treo.

Also, I think if anyone is having stability issues with a Treo Pro it is mostly due to the lack of memory. More memory and the ability to receive all calls would make the STP a really nice phone.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    What is the point of installing a "finger friendly" operating system update on a device that is known for being "one handed friendly"? That is the main reason I never wanted to flash 6.5 to my Treo.

Also, I think if anyone is having stability issues with a Treo Pro it is mostly due to the lack of memory. More memory and the ability to receive all calls would make the STP a really nice phone.
    The point of having a finger friendly OS is the ease to choose options from the menu, instead of using the dpad to scroll and select. The option to use the kinetic scroll instead of the dpad and having both options at the same time is better than just one.

And I have about 38MB free after a soft reset with 6.5.1, where I have about 28MB using 6.1 Also, I haven't have a missing call since I upgraded my OS.

I would never go back to 6.1 or 6.5, that's for sure.

gb
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post

Have you tried a Custom Stripped CDMA Rom?

I've always been a firm believer in Stripped down Roms (only the necessities)
    The Sprint BloatWare is prolly the biggest instability factor for the STPs.

I just finished building a Stripped Gsm Rom for myself.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast