View Poll Results: If you've used both on your Treo Pro - which do you prefer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll

1 5.26%

6 31.58%

10 52.63%
  • I like them both the same.

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Have you tried a Custom Stripped CDMA Rom?

I've always been a firm believer in Stripped down Roms (only the necessities)
    The Sprint BloatWare is prolly the biggest instability factor for the STPs.

I just finished building a Stripped Gsm Rom for myself.
    I know this is the wrong thread for this question, but is there a way -- with regular old WinMo 6.1, not a custom ROM -- to prevent the Sprint add-ons from installing during a hard reset? Maybe performing a soft reset partway through?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PianoJazz View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread for this question, but is there a way -- with regular old WinMo 6.1, not a custom ROM -- to prevent the Sprint add-ons from installing during a hard reset? Maybe performing a soft reset partway through?

Thanks.
    Read these two thread to get the idea how to do it

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...stock-rom.html

Helpful Tips/Files on building Roms for Treo Pro - PPCGeeks

If you need more help, PM me.
    Have you tried a Custom Stripped CDMA Rom?

I just finished building a Stripped Gsm Rom for myself.
    Link?
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    using 6.5.1 on my treo pro... it looks great. That is the only the difference..

So far it is fairly stable.. I might downgrade back to 6.1 I have horrible battery life under 6.5.1
    I need to try out 6.5.1 but I'm a little skeptical as it hasn't been released yet. I think I will stick with 6.5 when I get my replacement TP.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusprice View Post
    using 6.5.1 on my treo pro... it looks great. That is the only the difference..

So far it is fairly stable.. I might downgrade back to 6.1 I have horrible battery life under 6.5.1
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Link?
    Palm Treo pro upgrading etc. - xda-developers
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #27  
    Here's maybe a small thing about 6.5, but I sure like it better than 6.1.
    The Calculator.

WM 6.5's Pretty Calc:

WM 6.1's Ugly Calc:

I've attached 6.5's MobileCalc app.
    Just unzip it and copy it with an app like Resco Explorer or Total Commander into the Windows Directory
    (where the existing calculator resides)
    and it will ask if you want to overwrite. Say yes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/22/2009 at 01:49 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well when I installed the 6.5.1 the sizing of all the windows and such appeared to be setup for a larger display and in some cases were not displayable in some of the settings screens. Assuming this could be fixed with some Registry edits but as it was barely usable and you could not change some settings. (Reassigning keys for instance was impossible.) Like the format but couldn't use it as was. The default explorer did seem to lock up on me if I used it on pretty much ANY web site. I only tried this rom for about an hour before burning the 6.5 1.54 ROM...

I have had three problems with this ROM. The same problem that I had with the explorer on 6.5.1.. VERY slow... If I use PIE the Internet experience seems faster then on stock. Also had a super slow Internet connection when used with Internet Sharing. I also own PdaNet and WMWiFiRouter so I may try one of those. (Bought WmWifi to use it as a WiFi router. At the time my experience with PdaNet was that it was Buggy and it did NOT have WiFi ability when I bought the WmWiFi. ) The other problem I had with this ROM was that the Default Today screen (Titanium?) was not working 100%. I could not access to add more Favorites.

By using PIE or maybe another Browser I can get around the IE6 issues.
    Going to get the latest versions of WiFiRouter and PdaNet this weekend and play with them and the Internet Sharing stuff and see if I can find a combo that works.
    And as to the Not able to add Favorites, I will likely add something to get around that or go back to the original Today screen.

Otherwise the "feel" of 6.5 is pretty smooth.
    I did NOT do any hard resets as of this time. The original Rom burning did a hard reset to begin with. I MAY decide to try it though this week while I have the spare time to see if it makes a difference with the items I have played with.

Rodney
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Well when I installed the 6.5.1 the sizing of all the windows and such appeared to be setup for a larger display and in some cases were not displayable in some of the settings screens. Assuming this could be fixed with some Registry edits but as it was barely usable and you could not change some settings. (Reassigning keys for instance was impossible.)

Rodney
    Hello, I know is a PIA to do it, but if you want to change these kind of settings, you need to change the theme for a Windows 6.1 theme (included in the ROM), change the setting and then change the theme back to what you had previously.

But as far as I can tell, this is the only setting that needs to change the theme to work with, all other settings are manageable with a 6.5 theme.

gb
    Here's maybe a small thing about 6.5, but I sure like it better than 6.1.
    The Calculator.
    Thanks for the file! You're right -- the new colors make a huge difference.

The only issue is that it takes 4-6 seconds to open this 6.5 version of the calculator. I guess the 400Mhz CPU has met its match?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12