1.    #1  
    Hello ! I'm new on the field of Treo Pro. I've bought a thick battery (2400mAh). The battery works well, but unfortunately my Treo Pro doesn't give me the correct energy datas about it. My Treo Pro shows 100% at the full charge. After I've disconnected the charger, it seems to be my phone deplepts this big battery to 0% during the next 3 days. The big battery keeps on working very well in the next 3-4 day (summa 6-7 days with the previous days from the full charging), but during these days the battery icon remain on 0% and my phone keeps on warning, that it needs to be charge. So my phone's battery meter works 3 days (runs 100% to 0%), after the meter remain on 0% (but the battery works well on the next 3-4 days - but the phone gives me the charging messages).

How can I reconfigure or recalibrate my Treo Pro's battery meter to this 2400mAh battery correctly ?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by bazijoe; 11/05/2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Wow, you can go 6-7 days with the thick battery??? Amazing!

I recall somebody doing a test on it and saying that they didn't get any improvement in performance than the stock battery. Guess they were relying on the built-in battery meter.

What about a full charge then a soft or hard reset? Is this the Seidio battery? Do they have any recommendations?
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, you're right. It wasn't 6-7 days, just 5-6 days (rather 5,5 days, but it stable). My thick battery isn't a Seidio (it can be some noname), I think it's a 3rd party one. It has some type and others (CS-TR850XL, 2400mAh, 3,7V and a new back cover). I've got only that problem, what I wrote above. When I charge it (with the phone), the LED on the top of the Treo's face turn green at the end of the charging period. According to the User Manual, at that time I can disconnect the system from the charger.

After that, the battery meter runs from 100% to 0% during 2,5-3 days, and then my phone works very well in the next 2-3 days (when the battery meter of my Treo remain on 0% - of course, my phone write notifications relating with the battery state). That's all. Because of this, I'd like to try recalibrate my Treo's battery meter (WM 6.1's battery meter) to this new battery.

I pressed the reset button on the phone: nothing's happened, I did reset from software: nothing's changed, I took out the battery: nothing's changed.
    Last edited by bazijoe; 11/05/2009 at 12:58 PM.
    5-6 days is still awesome. My 1 year old battery was barely lasting 10 hours. I just bought a new one and am now getting 2 days again.

I did a search for people having problems with the battery meter and Seidio's battery, and found nothing. I also searched to see if folks with Seidio's battery had to do something special to update the operating system, and still found nothing. I am sorry I don't have more to offer. I am just interested because I was considering a bigger battery myself. Your experience makes me want to stick to brand names (like Seidio). Keep us posted.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The battery calibration issue ties in with another: Is there a way (probably through a registry hack) to prevent the phone from automatically shutting down when it thinks the battery is below a certain percentage of charge. (I think it might be 3% --?)

I, too, use an extended battery, and I would like for the phone to stay up and running, even if it thinks the battery is at 0%.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazijoe View Post
    Okay, you're right. It wasn't 6-7 days, just 5-6 days (rather 5,5 days, but it stable). My thick battery isn't a Seidio (it can be some noname), I think it's a 3rd party one. It has some type and others (CS-TR850XL, 2400mAh, 3,7V and a new back cover). I've got only that problem, what I wrote above. When I charge it (with the phone), the LED on the top of the Treo's face turn green at the end of the charging period. According to the User Manual, at that time I can disconnect the system from the charger.

After that, the battery meter runs from 100% to 0% during 2,5-3 days, and then my phone works very well in the next 2-3 days (when the battery meter of my Treo remain on 0% - of course, my phone write notifications relating with the battery state). That's all. Because of this, I'd like to try recalibrate my Treo's battery meter (WM 6.1's battery meter) to this new battery.

I pressed the reset button on the phone: nothing's happened, I did reset from software: nothing's changed, I took out the battery: nothing's changed.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, I'm sorry that nobody could help me so far. Well I'm keep on searching registry hacks or other ways to recalibrate battery meter. Of course, independent on I'm interested in any registry hack for this problem, If somebody can find a one (or more).
    My extended battery works very well with this small problem since the last charge (it was on last saturday). So I can offer anybody to buy and use an extended battery.
    If it's a computer, I would say update your acpi driver. For a winCE / WM device, I don't know. Normally fully charging the battery & draining it until the device shutdown by itself is enough to calibrate the battery. However maybe your battery is too huge capacity for the os to calibrate properly. Or maybe your battery didn't report correct discharge level to the OS. Why not ask @ xda-developer or ppcgeeks? Maybe someone can help?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    If it's a computer, I would say update your acpi driver. For a winCE / WM device, I don't know. Normally fully charging the battery & draining it until the device shutdown by itself is enough to calibrate the battery. However maybe your battery is too huge capacity for the os to calibrate properly. Or maybe your battery didn't report correct discharge level to the OS. Why not ask @ xda-developer or ppcgeeks? Maybe someone can help?
    Okay. I didn't ask any ppcgeeks or developers because I didn't know geeks. My battery is too huge capacity ? Hm, I saw a bigger one on the net (and there was a guy maybe here, who has mentioned the same 3600mAh battery) - my current battery is only 2400mAh. I can imagine that my battery can't provide correct discharge level informations, but I have to mention that there was a post somewhere (here or at an other place - I don't remember) about a huge mAh Seidio battery, which had the same problem (battery meter has worked with wrong discharge level infos). Unfortunately, there wasn't any solutions overthere.
    It is ppcgeeks.com and xda-developers.com. Not a geek or developer person.
    I have the Seidio 3500mah battery. I have not been able to kill it in one day no matter how hard I try. I habitually charge it every night so I never experienced taking it to 0% of having it shut off. Now you have me curious on how many days it would actually last me. I will run it to 0% in the next few days and see what happens and report back.
    Ran my seidio battery to 0%....feels kind of dumb after doing it. The GTP suspends the phone and will not let you continue to run it at 0% for fear of data loss. Not sure why yours doesn't do that.