1.    #1  
    I can no longer turn off my Treo Pro using the red call end button. I have to wait for the phone to power down from the power saver settings to turn it off. The button still works for all of it's other intended functions (turning the phone on, ending calls, back to the today screen, etc.), so the button itself is not defective. A soft reset does not solve the problem. Is there a setting somewhere I might have changed?
    Usually, when I get weird anomolies like this it takes a hard reset to recover. Just do a Sprite backup then restore after the reset. Usually, whatever is causing the problem does not come back after the Sprite restore. If it does, then just reinstall everything from scratch. But, at least you would know that hard reset was necessary.
  3.    #3  
    Did a hard reset and that solved the problem until I did my restore. I guess I'll have to hard reset again and install the programs one by one. These things make me wonder how much time technology really saves us.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    These things make me wonder how much time technology really saves us.
    There's a lady on another phone site whose tagline says something to the effect that she's happiest when she's spending several hours programming her computer to automatically do something she can do in several seconds, manually. Sounds like some of us phone folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    Did a hard reset and that solved the problem until I did my restore. I guess I'll have to hard reset again and install the programs one by one. These things make me wonder how much time technology really saves us.
    Do you have a redfly driver installed? This started happening to me about the same time I updated a driver. For now I am using the power button on top of the device with a quick press as it does the same thing because I don't want to deal with the hard reset and sprite restore and then have the same issue again.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB