1.    #1  
    YOUR INTERNET SHARING WILL BE THRU POWERVISION AND YOU WILL BE SURE OF IT WHEN YOU ARE DONE. BUT STILL DONT HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.

***** REAL INTERNET SHARING HACK FOR DUMMIES AND EXPERTS *************

1. INSTALL ICSenable.cab (FILE ATTACHED THANKS TO SOMEONE OUT THERE)

2. SOFT RESET

*** EDIT THE FOLLOWING REGISTRY ENTRIES ***

4. a

WHAT IT SAYS NOW:
    HKLM\COMM\INTERNET SHARING

EXTENSION - "DONT WORRY BOUT THE STRING"

4. b

WHAT YOU WANT IT TO SAY

HKLM\COMM\INTERNET SHARING

EXTENSION2 (RENAME "EXTENSION" TO "EXTENSION2"- "DONT WORRY BOUT THE STRING"

5. Soft Reset

6. a

WHAT IT SAYS NOW:
    HKLM\COMM\INTERNET SHARING\SETTINGS

FORCECELLCONNECTION - "DONT WORRY BOUT THE STRING"

6. b

WHAT YOU WANT IT TO SAY

HKLM\COMM\INTERNET SHARING\SETTINGS

FORCECELLCONNECTION2 (RENAME "FORCECELLCONNECTION" TO "FORCECELLCONNECTION2"- "DONT WORRY BOUT THE STRING"

7. SOFT RESET
    8. CHECK ALL YOUR WORK...IF ALL IS SET HOLY ***** WHEN YOU GO BACK TO INTERNET SHARING YOU WILL HAVE A CHOICE (POWER VISION OR PHONE AS A MODEM [NOBODY WANTS THAT] HAHAHA )...WOW THATS F**KIN CRAZY SEND YOUR THANKS$$$$

----I DID THIS CAUSE IM SICK OF THE TERRIBLE HACKS OUT THERE...THIS IS FOR THE DUMMIES AND THE ONES WHO WANT TO BE 100% SURE ITS NOT "PHONE AS A MODEM" ITS "POWERVISION" BABY
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hmm. I tried the reg edits, but when I made the "ForceCellConnection2" change and reset, the ForceCellConnection and ForceCellConnection2 settings both had Phone as Modem as their data settings. Should I manually change the FCC2 data setting to Power Vision and delete the original FCC parameters?

FWIW, I haven't seemed to have any problems with another set of instructions for installing the ICSEnable cab: (1) install as normal, (2) reset, (3) install again. But even though I haven't seen any metered data usage in my billing, I'd feel more secure seeing the Power Vision caption in the EVDO connection message box.