1.    #1  
    I just got a used GSM Treo Pro. Its damn cool device, but I am running into a problem here. I am so far unable to get a lock on any satellite. I ran the quickgps app and it downloaded some data. But in google maps it keeps saying "initializing gps.." and then it fails. I tried to do a manual configuration, and set the port to comm4 and rate to 4800, still no result. If I set it to "manage by windows", then google maps gets stuck at "Seeking GPS satellites(0)..." . Under Settings->System->GPS Settings, the settings are as below:

port: COM4
    Hardware port: "None"
    Baud Rate: 4800
    Manage GPS Automatically: Checked

Can you please suggest me settings to check, or anything else I can do to get the gps to work?
    Thanks.

UPDATE: It locks onto satellites now, with same settings, but it takes 3-4 minutes to lock onto them. Pretty annoying wait time.. any way to make it lock faster??
    Last edited by taylormah; 10/27/2009 at 03:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue here, and would love to find a simple fix for it. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The quickgps did it for me and it usually work.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    @chong67 Do you have a GSM Pro? Also are you using the stock Quickgps and how long does it take you to get a lock? It takes me about 3 mins each time.
  5.    #5  
    In my case, it takes crazy amount of time to get a fix. I downloaded a trial of a navigon gps software. It almost never gets a lock on satellites. What I have to do is run google maps first and then that takes about 3-5 minutes to get a lock, and then immediately after it I run the program and then it gets a lock. And sometimes even google maps never get a lock. Yesterday I needed to go somewhere. All along the way (15 minutes distance) the program never got a lock. 15 minutes and still no lock, its crazy. It would have been more consoling of TP never had a gps in first place, but having it and not being able to use it is plain frustrating and agonizing.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Mcd78, I got the CDMA Pro.

I was using the quickgps that I had to install from here. Usually it works.

I notice the Treo Pro GPS doesnt work as fast as the Touch Pro 2.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Was the version of QuickGPS you were using the same that comes on the unlocked Treo Pro or was it modified?
    Can someone please post their treo pro's (esp. GSM) GPS settings. My current settings are: port: COM4, Hardware port: "None", Baud Rate: 4800, Manage GPS Automatically: Checked... I want to try different Baud rate, as someone I read said a rate of 9600 and above should work fine. If I go to settings->External GPS, I can successfully change the software port number, but any change I make to hardware port or baud rate gets reset to "none" and "4800" respectively as soon as I press OK. Any speculation why its happening and how to make the changes stick?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||