Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Okay - I have googled all over creation and can't find anything on this so wondered if anybody else has ever pondered the issue and found a solution.

    I have the Palm Treo Pro. Yes, it has a text character counter at the top. Yes, you can type a novel if you want and click send, and it will break up the messages and send them.

    The PROBLEM with this, is the person on the other end gets maybe 5 or 6 messages and then gets to look at them all trying to figure out which one was the first, second, third, etc.

    A LOT of phones, including the Pre from what I'm reading, not only split up the messages, but put a nifty little notation like (1/2, 2/2) etc. so that people actually know in what ORDER they're supposed to be reading the texts.

    Is there no way to set the Palm Pro to do this? Any software that will do this? Registry hacks? Anything?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by spoookee_sgh View Post
    Okay - I have googled all over creation and can't find anything on this so wondered if anybody else has ever pondered the issue and found a solution.

    I have the Palm Treo Pro. Yes, it has a text character counter at the top. Yes, you can type a novel if you want and click send, and it will break up the messages and send them.

    The PROBLEM with this, is the person on the other end gets maybe 5 or 6 messages and then gets to look at them all trying to figure out which one was the first, second, third, etc.

    A LOT of phones, including the Pre from what I'm reading, not only split up the messages, but put a nifty little notation like (1/2, 2/2) etc. so that people actually know in what ORDER they're supposed to be reading the texts.

    Is there no way to set the Palm Pro to do this? Any software that will do this? Registry hacks? Anything?
    A screenshot/visual would help this thread get some legs!
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm - don't really know how to do a screen shot. Well, okay here are three texts that my mom sent to me this morning. They are 160 characters each, and this is what it looked like as they arrived:

    "(1/3) Hope you slept ok. I slept better. Probably went to sleep around 11:00. Didn't get up until almost 9:00. The paper they sent Jeff said uniforms would"
    "(3/3) flashlight, etc."
    "(2/3) cost $200. Charles said a couple of years ago each piece was around $55, but you have to get boots, or shoes, a belt, handcuffs, a handcuff holder, a"

    Now, even though they came in out of order, it's easy to tell which goes after which because of the convenient 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 notations at the beginnings. I know the Palm PRE has this option. But my PRO does not. Or at least not that I can find.

    In THIS example, even without the 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 it'd have been fairly simple to tell what went where because it was only a string of 3 messages. My mom works nights and this is our primary way of communicating. When she gets off work at 5:30 a.m. or so she sends me a bunch of texts about her night, what's up with her life, etc. Then I'll reply through the day and when she wakes up she reads hers, etc.

    Now the problem on HER end, is that MY texts are not numbered like that. It's not uncommon for mine to be split into like 8 messages or so that are all out of order with no numbering and she's left with a "text jigsaw puzzle" trying to figure out what goes where. And what's worse, is if one texts hangs up and doesn't send until later or something and she's missing one...because then you don't even have all the "pieces" to attempt to put together.

    It's just weird to me that for the most part, I love my Palm phones. But instead of releasing new phones with improved functions to make a better phone, they always take away some, then add some, which still leaves users of whatever phone they buy wanting some function that was gone. My 700p had a zoom on the camera, yet my Pro does not. With how much fancier the Pro is, I can't help but think "why on earth did they take off the zoom?" Now on the PRE, everybody loves the text messaging because they're numbered, but THEY don't have an option to even FORWARD those, where on the Pro, it's easy as pie. STRANGE Palm people...LoL

    I know that blackberry released a program to do this - let them do a long thread of texts and number them. But I've yet to find a program for Windows OS phones that does the same.

    You'd think there's bound to be a fairly simple hack or something that would do it.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by spoookee_sgh View Post
    My 700p had a zoom on the camera, yet my Pro does not. With how much fancier the Pro is, I can't help but think "why on earth did they take off the zoom?
    I don't have any answers to your original query, but the Pro's camera most definitely has a zoom, on virtually all of the different camera options (including a 4.0x zoom).
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    I don't have any answers to your original query, but the Pro's camera most definitely has a zoom, on virtually all of the different camera options (including a 4.0x zoom).
    I agree with OP in complain about missing zoom. Treo Pro does have a zoom but not in snapshot mode. It is under other modes, but the default snapshot mode has fixed zoom - namely 1.0x, which is no zoom. I myself wonder why on earth would someone make it like that. My Treo 750 can do 2x zoom. Yes, TP camera has other settings, but its missing one thing I use the most - zoom.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I agree with OP in complain about missing zoom. Treo Pro does have a zoom but not in snapshot mode. It is under other modes, but the default snapshot mode has fixed zoom - namely 1.0x, which is no zoom. I myself wonder why on earth would someone make it like that. My Treo 750 can do 2x zoom. Yes, TP camera has other settings, but its missing one thing I use the most - zoom.
    If you lower the resolution from 2M then more zoom options open up in snapshot mode.
  7.    #7  
    Agreed prabhg. It only has 1x "zoom" which is lame. Why should we have to go to lower resolution to get a zoom on the camera? I just don't see why they take AWAY great features when they release a new phone. Keep the cool stuff - and add more cool stuff = awesome device. Get with it Palm!?

Posting Permissions