Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Hey ppl,

This has been mentioned on several threads, but I still haven't found a decent solution to my (potential) prob. I use Iris Browser (now owned by RIM), and although I don't LOVE it, it formats my Google services almost perfectly. I finally took some screen grabs to see if anyone is able to view pages like this with another browser, e.g. Opera, Skyfire, PIE, etc.

All of these grabs are using newest (final) version of Iris Browser.

Google Calendar, Talk, Contacts

Google Docs, Gmail, Reader

Google Tasks, Voice

Thanks guys,

Alex
    SkyFire shows websites as if it was on your Desktop Computer. I have been able to type in forms, view videos and pretty much anything that you could on a desktop. However I think it is server side and does not store cookies, so you would need to login everytime you visit a site.

Perhaps you should test out each browser? I believe they are Free.
    I've just always stuck with plain ol PIE.
    I really like the rendering though.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPro View Post
    SkyFire shows websites as if it was on your Desktop Computer. I have been able to type in forms, view videos and pretty much anything that you could on a desktop. However I think it is server side and does not store cookies, so you would need to login everytime you visit a site.

Perhaps you should test out each browser? I believe they are Free.
    I definitely try out every version of every mobile browser I hear of-- Skyfire, Opera-- I even tried Firefox's alpha version of Fennec. Aside from Iris, which has been my default for a while, I think Opera 9.7 made it the longest-- 3 days before I uninstalled. Using Opera with (for example) Google Voice, the rendering was killing me, whether the full web version (even using the turbo option) or the mobile view, which wasn't good either.

I'm open to any suggestions
    I'm pretty sure that the versions of the pages I have posted above are not meant for Windows Mobile browsers; the Google Tasks version I have was made for Android, but works great on iris.
    I'm personally a big fan of NetFront. It has its issues, like all browsers, but I find it to be the best overall in terms of performance and tons of options. Check it out if you haven't already -- you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    I'm personally a big fan of NetFront. It has its issues, like all browsers, but I find it to be the best overall in terms of performance and tons of options. Check it out if you haven't already -- you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Hm. Actually, I am pretty surprised. I have to play around with it more, but after using it for a few mins, it looks awesome. You're right - lots of options!
    So far, it renders the pages pretty well. It's kind of a relief to see programs that are not all form and no function. Do you run it from your storage card or device? I installed it to my device and it's really fast-- thinkin about trying the card.

Thanks for the recommendation!
    No problem. I run it from my device directly, but (as you've probably already seen), you can have it dump the cache directly on the storage card by editing the Cache options (no registry hack needed, like you do for IE! ). You probably noticed that the concept version expires at the end of November, but NetFront is fairly good about either extending that date, or releasing new builds every few months. So, you can just bookmark that page and download the newest release once the current one expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Hey ppl,

This has been mentioned on several threads, but I still haven't found a decent solution to my (potential) prob. I use Iris Browser (now owned by RIM), and although I don't LOVE it, it formats my Google services almost perfectly. I finally took some screen grabs to see if anyone is able to view pages like this with another browser, e.g. Opera, Skyfire, PIE, etc.

All of these grabs are using newest (final) version of Iris Browser.

Google Calendar, Talk, Contacts

Google Docs, Gmail, Reader

Google Tasks, Voice

Thanks guys,

Alex
    which version of iris are you using? i think i still have a beta. Can you link or upload your version?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'm using the latest (final for WM) version of Iris v1.1.9
    Attached is a working link.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files