1.    #1  
    besides onedialer is there any other apps for google voice?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    iDialer
    GVDial.
  4.    #4  
    cool thanks guys.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    cool thanks guys.
    Hook us up with some "Thanks" then.
  6.    #6  
    ok did but is there a google voice app that doesn't get cut off at the bottom of the screen ( w/ or w/o real vga) still gets cut off so not able to send sms
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ok did but is there a google voice app that doesn't get cut off at the bottom of the screen ( w/ or w/o real vga) still gets cut off so not able to send sms
    iDialer doesn't cut me off at all- fits perfectly onto the screen
  8.    #8  
    wel
    l how do u send sms from the screen
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    wel
    l how do u send sms from the screen
    I've been following all of the GV Apps that I've heard of (mostly iDialer, GVDialer and Onedialer). I can say, I've stuck with iDialer (using iContact) pretty consistently.

OneDialer has SMS capability, but it's painfully slow -- defeating the whole purpose. This is what I do for SMSing with GV:

Say I have a contact in my phone whom I've never Texted.
    -Make sure they're in your Google Contacts.
    -use my mobile browser, go to google.com/voice and send them a *first* text through the SMS function on the site. I'll usually say, "Hey, it's Alex - save this as my new number-- text me back if you got this". Send it, then close browser.
    -When they send me a text back, it goes to my phone and shows up as a(406) area code number.
    If I understand correctly, Google assigns each one of your contacts a (406) number only if they've sent you a text.
    -Within the SMS window on my phone, I click or tap on that (406) number and save it under their contact name as their cell phone (or work phone or whatever).

Now, whenever you call this (406) number that you've assigned to their contact, it will show up on their caller id as your google voice number. Same with SMS'.

For all contacts who I don't text, I just use supware.net 's iDialer/iContact , syncing my contacts/Calendar with NuevaSync.com

Hope that helps!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    I've been following all of the GV Apps that I've heard of (mostly iDialer, GVDialer and Onedialer). I can say, I've stuck with iDialer (using iContact) pretty consistently.

OneDialer has SMS capability, but it's painfully slow -- defeating the whole purpose. This is what I do for SMSing with GV:

Say I have a contact in my phone whom I've never Texted.
    -Make sure they're in your Google Contacts.
    -use my mobile browser, go to google.com/voice and send them a *first* text through the SMS function on the site. I'll usually say, "Hey, it's Alex - save this as my new number-- text me back if you got this". Send it, then close browser.
    -When they send me a text back, it goes to my phone and shows up as a(406) area code number.
    If I understand correctly, Google assigns each one of your contacts a (406) number only if they've sent you a text.
    -Within the SMS window on my phone, I click or tap on that (406) number and save it under their contact name as their cell phone (or work phone or whatever).

Now, whenever you call this (406) number that you've assigned to their contact, it will show up on their caller id as your google voice number. Same with SMS'.

For all contacts who I don't text, I just use supware.net 's iDialer/iContact , syncing my contacts/Calendar with NuevaSync.com

Hope that helps!
    that does help thank you man, well since you seem to be better versed with this I have another question. Now for me to call canada it is free, what if they are calling my or sms?
    Last edited by BrianDigital; 10/07/2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: just thougth of it
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    If someone else is calling or texting you from Canada? ..That shouldn't make a difference- and wouldn't cost anything other than your cell phone minutes/data - depending on your plan.
    But FYI, here's their Int'l Calling Rates.
    I just saw that they added Alaska and Hawaii free yesterday as well:
    Billing and International Calls : International calling rates - Google Voice Help

The rates don't look too bad... unless you're calling North Korea and/or Greenland a bunch.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    If someone else is calling or texting you from Canada? ..That shouldn't make a difference- and wouldn't cost anything other than your cell phone minutes/data - depending on your plan.
    But FYI, here's their Int'l Calling Rates.
    I just saw that they added Alaska and Hawaii free yesterday as well:
    Billing and International Calls : International calling rates - Google Voice Help

The rates don't look too bad... unless you're calling North Korea and/or Greenland a bunch.
    i meant for my buddy up in canada do you know if it still a international call for him
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    BTW, there's a new beta of OneDialer available here...
    It's supposed to be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    BTW, there's a new beta of OneDialer available here...
    It's supposed to be faster.
    Looks sweet...
    OneDialer by OneTouch Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevets View Post
    GVDial.
    Looks good too...
    GVdialer Home
    I just got my Google Voice invite. Am looking to get a Treo Pro soon (from a 800w) and install one of these apps on the new phone. Which version works good with either WM 6.1 or 6.5?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I just got my Google Voice invite. Am looking to get a Treo Pro soon (from a 800w) and install one of these apps on the new phone. Which version works good with either WM 6.1 or 6.5?
    I think I already said it here, but the one I've stuck with is iDialer.
    Here's links though:

iDialer - supware.net
    (Follow instructions under Download)
    I use it with:
    iContact

and using: GreenButton

They're all super light-weight programs-- not hogging up all of my precious resources.

Enjoy!
    What if you have more than one Google Voice number? Can you use different numbers with the same app?