Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I flashed my alltel treo pro to 6.5.1 and it would always lock up so I then flashed it 6.5 but then my internet would not connect, it would dial out #777 but it would never connect. So I wanted to go back to 6.1 but I never did find an Alltel stock ROM to flash back to. So I used the Sprint 1.04 and then restored my sprite backup I had, so everything works except now my Software Version: T850EWW-1.04-SPT Firmware Version: 1.11.30F CC-Cap: SPRINT-TREOPRO-134 no Alltel stuff like before does this matter or make a difference? I'm guessing I don't have to worry about it since everything seems normal and is working fine. I just wanted to make sure though. Is there an Alltel ROM for me to flashback to if need be?
    Last edited by ericks17; 10/01/2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    If you flash with NightRaven's kitchen you will have your original Alltel ROM back. Since he uses a Alltel ROM & didn't disable Varnish (Palm's version of UC Autorun) to access the EXT ROM. You will have a fully original Alltel ROM after you flash.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    If you flash with NightRaven's kitchen you will have your original Alltel ROM back. Since he uses a Alltel ROM & didn't disable Varnish (Palm's version of UC Autorun) to access the EXT ROM. You will have a fully original Alltel ROM after you flash.
    well i thought i had it. i used the kitchen and chose the 6.1 rom but it still ended up being a sprint one.
    Last edited by ericks17; 10/01/2009 at 11:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    where do i find the ROM then?
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    The ROM is there. You need to load it into the kitchen.

Click "Load ROM"
    select "NightRaven - OEM 6.1.20772".
    Once loaded, click "Create ROM"
    Connect your device and fallow the directions when the ROM update utility starts, and your done
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    The ROM is there. You need to load it into the kitchen.

Click "Load ROM"
    select "NightRaven - OEM 6.1.20772".
    Once loaded, click "Create ROM"
    Connect your device and fallow the directions when the ROM update utility starts, and your done
    ya that's the one I used. I wonder why the sprint stuff stayed on there i.e. the sprint programs and when u go to settings -> about -> phone tab Software Version: T850EWW-1.04-SPT Firmware Version: 1.11.30F CC-Cap: SPRINT-TREOPRO-134 this stuff still shows up. o well i guess it does work fine, lol. I appreciate your help budney.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Oh... you used the 1.04 Sprint install, didn't see that. What you need to do is find someone else with a Alltel TP. Have them use a reg editor and go to: HKLM > System > StorageManager > Profiles > EXT_FLASHDRV And change the "MountHidden" entry to zero (should be set to 1), and soft reset a couple of minutes after. Now with File exploerer you will now see the EXT ROM. Copy everything in that drive to your microSD card. Then just do the reg edit on your phone then delete everything from your EXT ROM, and copy over everything from your microSD. After you do a hard reset you will have your Alltel back the way it was.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Awesome it worked! Good thing my Dad has the same phone lol. Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-ALT Firmware Version: 1.11.30F CC-Cap: ALT-TREOPRO-62. Thanks a bunch man!
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    No problem!
    So, if I have an Alltel ROM dump, in two ".raw" files, can I use those files to get back to the stock Alltel ROM? If so, how?
    Can anyone please help me flash back to the Alltel original software? Any help would be great - I'm getting a few bugs with using Sprint 1.04 on my Alltel service... Recurring "Message Not Sent" errors are unacceptable, and my service is shoddy at best. It keeps switching from full reception to no reception.