Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    As ironic as it is... , SPB Mobile Shell released an updated today: SPB Mobile Shell 3.5

Based off the demo video, it looks like they've added [fixed] some good features in the lifestyle layout. I don't see a detailed list of the additions, but a few things I see are: Twitter integration, updated Facebook functionality, fixed media player widget, updated widgets, online widget catalog and a cool new email UI.

I don't like that they didn't release a public beta (or any bugfixes/updates since late May). All in all, I'll probably check this out. Aside from serious memory issues, SPB really makes good stuff.

Enjoy

EDIT:
    Here's a more complete list of the changes:
    Version 3.5 (Sep 30, 2009):
    New widgets:
    Tasks
    Picture frame (widget and fullscreen slideshow)
    Facebook status
    Twitter status
    Birthdays reminders
    Four instant wireless switches (WiFi, Bluetooth, Flight Mode, and Phone Switch)
    Internet search
    Operator's name
    Date
    Alarm
    Updated widgets:
    Wireless manager: icon shows current states, and popup shows current states
    Weather: support for more advanced skins with detailed forecast and current weather conditions
    3D email and SMS viewer
    Access to online catalog in the "Change Background" dialog box
    Streamlined background change (with cropping and easy to view local gallery)
    Current weather conditions (in addition to forecast)
    Gravity sensor support in the 3D carousel
    Improved 3D carousel design (e. g. added reflections)
    New "Add Widget" dialog
    Widget skin selection with preview
    New skins for most widgets
    Widget-based Professional home
    Option to have only one home screen (lifestyle or professional)
    Option to change the number of screens in lifestyle or professional layouts
    Weather in Agenda
    Tactile feedback on tap-and-hold
    Option to choose the default tab for Contacts and Launcher
    Improved design of most dialogs (popup menus, settings, etc.)
    Category filter in the contact list
    Improved widget edit mode (widget can be dragged to other pages, recycle bin for easy delete etc.)
    Color themes support on Windows Mobile 6.5
    Integration with SPB Weather and SPB Traveler via widgets
    Improved "Choose Shortcut" dialog box with similar look to SPB Menu
    Last edited by decalex; 09/29/2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Here we go.

Doesnt work with RealVGA (oh rly?)

I preffer Manila2D.
    @madsenfelipe at arquivomadsen.com.br

K300i > V360 > Z3 > Treo 650 > Treo Pro > Who knows?
    Here we go.

Doesnt work with RealVGA (oh rly?)

I preffer Manila2D.
    @madsenfelipe at arquivomadsen.com.br

K300i > V360 > Z3 > Treo 650 > Treo Pro > Who knows?
  4. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    SPB 3.5 does seem to be pretty slick, and a free upgarde to boot.
    how do you integrate spb weather into this version, i can only seem to add a widget, and not into the main weather screen
    Smart Phone History->Centro-> Treo 700wx-> Treo 755p-> Htc Mogul -> Treo 800w-> Palm Treo Pro
    How do you do the free upgrade from 3.0? Just unstinall 3.0 and install 3.5?

Looks pretty sick and I only thought 3.0 was sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteReality View Post
    How do you do the free upgrade from 3.0? Just unstinall 3.0 and install 3.5?

Looks pretty sick and I only thought 3.0 was sick!
    I just installed the trial version of 3.5 from the websit over the 3.0, it shows as registered.

some bugs fixed by 3.5, sadly, more bugs introduced.
    Last edited by aero; 09/30/2009 at 05:43 PM.
    installed the demo last night....pretty cool app. Never installed 3.0 because I heard it had too many bugs. Worked fine today, except for right now when I restarted 3 times and it keeps hanging at the Windows Mobile 6.1 screen.
    The center button generally doesn't work on the update. I put that down to a quirk of Pro-Shell compatibility. SPB Weather has my city generally fair for the next five days, while SPB Mobile Shell Weather has it raining every day. I suppose I should put that down to a quirk of nature.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After I installed 3.5, my bluetooth no longer works. I can't initiate a call via my headset (voice command) nor can I transfer a call to it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by bkranz; 10/08/2009 at 07:29 AM.
    I didn't test a lot of things, but there were several that stood out for me. It still doesn't like RealVGA at 96dpi, although I was almost going to forgo that if everything else was good. Navigation to things I wanted immediate access to was, at best, very indirect. And it takes over the phone -- admittedly, I didn't read the manual to see if there was a way to close it, but it should be more obvious than that if there is a way. Add all the other experiences listed above & it's not for me.
    This looks like a neat program.

I wonder if this thing has threaded SMS?
    SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software

Would having Windows Mobile 6.5 on this thing make it more complicated or would 6.1 be just as good?

I currently have a Treo 800w and am thinking this app would make a good excuse to get a Treo Pro.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 10/05/2009 at 11:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=KevMeister;1952789]This looks like a neat program.

I wonder if this thing has threaded SMS?
    SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software

Other than the 3D Message view (which is IMO, a good idea with bad execution), SPB MS3.5 doesn't add anything to the native WM SMS app.
    well it would be great if the ringer would work when this spb mobile shell 3.5 is running
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    well it would be great if the ringer would work when this spb mobile shell 3.5 is running
    I remember having this problem a while ago with the old version. I had tried at least a dozen solutions, and the problem was fixed... I just don't remember exactly what fixed it. Search around before trying this, but here's an update to the known bug with Sprint Treo Pro and Ringers. BTW, I never use the ringer volume or Caller Ringtone settings provided by SPB MS. I do it all through the natively installed software. I still have the occasional problem changing someone's ringtone or another sound setting, but nothing that a soft reset doesn't handle.

Link to Update Treo Pro

Article about it

OTA Link
    For someone new to this program, is the free trial a hassle/worth it or is it better to do the whole shebang for $29.95?

http://www.mobihand.com/common_files...tformid=2&did=
    Im having problems to view the sms messages with the MS3.5 installed... I see all white when enter to read a message...

Any have a solution? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalve View Post
    Im having problems to view the sms messages with the MS3.5 installed... I see all white when enter to read a message...

Any have a solution? Thanks
    Finally i discover the problem, realvga...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    The center button generally doesn't work on the update. I put that down to a quirk of Pro-Shell compatibility. SPB Weather has my city generally fair for the next five days, while SPB Mobile Shell Weather has it raining every day. I suppose I should put that down to a quirk of nature.
    I love and hate mobile shell. with treo pro it just surreal. we have two treo pros left. I literally hard reset both and installed spb and the center button doesn't work on one and works on the other. it's insane.

really spb isn't meant for this device and the pro isn't meant for mobile shell. essentially all the dedicated and configurable hard buttons on the treo are the shortcuts.

I have spb on my kid's touch pro 2 and there one can really see the utility and match of function of spb ms with a full screen minimal button handset.

I love to tinker but I have spent about $300 of my time on playing with spb ms on the treo set up great sets of screens (and you need about 7 lifestyles with that small screen) and it still frustrates me with freezing, locking and other problems not occurring on the touch pro2.

I am up for two upgrades in two months and after using my 15 year olds touch pro 2, I am done with the small screen front facing qwerty.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    For someone new to this program, is the free trial a hassle/worth it or is it better to do the whole shebang for $29.95?

http://www.mobihand.com/common_files...tformid=2&did=
    IMO, I think it's fun-- When I had 3.01, I played with it for a couple months and then got rid of it, mainly because it was (is) a resource hog. I still have 3.5 installed, but have a feeling I won't keep it for too long. The novelty of flipping through screens and spending (wasting) hours tinkering around with widgets and icons is fun, but at the end of the day, I'm not sure how much utility I actually get out of it versus the extra 10% of resources I gain from not using it. It definitely has bugs with the Treo Pro.. and most of the people customizing widgets and screens aren't making SQVGA (320x320) versions.
    (despite my repeated requests).

O well. Just back up b4 u trial it =).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast