Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i didn't realize that the pro wasn't ment for shell mobil. i found that after the trail was up, i couldn't live without it! it seems to integrate very will with the pro.
    only one thing that bugs me is having to go thru so many button hits to edit contacts from the shell's interface. easy fix was just a shortcut
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    i didn't realize that the pro wasn't ment for shell mobil. i found that after the trail was up, i couldn't live without it! it seems to integrate very will with the pro.
    only one thing that bugs me is having to go thru so many button hits to edit contacts from the shell's interface. easy fix was just a shortcut
    the problem is ms doesn't integrate well with the Pro. That is why SPB never did spend much time addressing the bugs that the SPB MS created on the Treo Pro. The newer version 3.5 actually introduces more critical instability than 3.01, just as 3.0 introduced more instability than 2.0 did.

What I meant is that mobile shell mainly provides shortcuts on screen and treo's unlike no keyboard models or sliders, has 40 buttons on front -- each of which can be a shortcut.

If you have used treos for a while, as many have since even older palm models, you probably shortcut heavily used contacts and program functions with alphanumeric characters on the keyboard. My commonly called ten family members have been a single key press from my treo 700 to 800w to pro. Same with my wife's Treo usage. (not to mention existing hard and soft buttons for agenda, contacts, etc)

Having a SB contacts screen is redundant and takes more time than simple keyboard shortcuts. I also us the g key to call up google, the T key to call up tomtom etc,.

When you consider that Treo Pro's main drawback compared to current smartphones is a lack of screen real estate and which is the very thing that Mobile shell needs to exploit its capability the mismatch is clear.

You then have the fact that with the Treo Pro in particular there are several serious bugs with Mobile Shell that do not exist for example on Touch Pro or Touch Pro 2.

dont get me wrong, I like ms mobile shell, just not on the Treo pro. Too many bugs and a mismatch of functionality.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I don't have any issues with my treopro and ms3.5, as I had none with ms3.0.1. The only actual issue with ms 3.5 is the "x" in upper right corner within ms-apps that brings winmob-devices to hang or to crash, but thatw with all phones, not only with treopro. I don't understand the whining :-))
    I saw on Microsoft's Marketplace app a listing of Mobile Shell 3.5 320x320. I thought that MShell was 240x240 on the Treo Pro. Do anybody has installed this version? I don't see a reference for this version on SPB's site.
    It would be interesting to try it, unfortunately I can't download the app, as it seems that Marketplace does not have a button to try out the app.

gb

Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12