Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is funny. I just bought an Aquapac for me new Treo Pro. But all be damn if I can get the thing into the bag. LOL. The slick surface of the Pro just grabs the Aquapac and will not let it slide in any further.

    Got any ideas?

    This should be fun.
  2. #2  
    Dip it in water first and it'll slide right into the bag.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #3  
    For some odd reason, this is the case for the Treo Pro.


    http://store.treocentral.com/aquapac...4A104A3930.htm


    I bought the model before one of these, two years ago, and it worked great for my 800w, with my extended battery too. But some odd reason, I think they changed the plastic, it is more tacky and sticks to the Pro. This makes it close to impossible to get the Treo in or out.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Dip it in water first and it'll slide right into the bag.
    I was thinking some talc, but then thought better of it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I was thinking some talc, but then thought better of it.
    Actually, I wasn't completely joking. You could moisten the back if that is what's sticking - just make sure to let it dry completely before sealing. You could use desiccant packs to extract any remaining moisture. If you use alcohol (not liquor) it will dry faster.

    You could also just make a few calls first and let the face butter do it's thing.
  6. #6  
    Hope you don't mind me butting in.
    Yes the stickiness of the TPU material is a problem (even worse with the iPhone). Ugh. We spent several months this year trying to find a solution. We did at last find a TPU that is much less sticky. Huzzah! The first shipment of the material is due in our factory next week and then we will move almost all of our range over to that. But of course it will take a few months for it to move all the way through the distribution chain and become widely available. I guess the first place that it will be available will be through our own online store so drop us an email and I will make sure that you are alerted when it's available.
    In the meantime here's a couple of suggestions:
    - blow into the bag first
    - download and print off our 'Anti-Stickiness Insertion Device' (!) - see the iPhone page on our website
    - in my experience the stickiness does wear off after 10 or so uses.
    Thanks for bearing with us on this. We're acting as fast as we can to get you an improved product.
    BR,
    Tim Turnbull, Chief Executive.
    NB: I cannot post my email address or any website links because I'm a new poster.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by timturnbull View Post
    Hope you don't mind me butting in.
    Yes the stickiness of the TPU material is a problem (even worse with the iPhone). Ugh. We spent several months this year trying to find a solution. We did at last find a TPU that is much less sticky. Huzzah! The first shipment of the material is due in our factory next week and then we will move almost all of our range over to that. But of course it will take a few months for it to move all the way through the distribution chain and become widely available. I guess the first place that it will be available will be through our own online store so drop us an email and I will make sure that you are alerted when it's available.
    In the meantime here's a couple of suggestions:
    - blow into the bag first
    - download and print off our 'Anti-Stickiness Insertion Device' (!) - see the iPhone page on our website
    - in my experience the stickiness does wear off after 10 or so uses.
    Thanks for bearing with us on this. We're acting as fast as we can to get you an improved product.
    BR,
    Tim Turnbull, Chief Executive.
    NB: I cannot post my email address or any website links because I'm a new poster.
    Thanks for the explanation. I think your product is one of the best. I really like the new window in it too. I had the older blue backed bag for a few years, and the thing was great. It just got a little beat up from my hard use, so I decided to get a newer clearer one. I will take you advice and try some of the tricks. As far as the stickiness wearing, I don't doubt this to be the case, the problem though is getting the phone in the bag in the first place to run up the uses.
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #9  
    OK, blowing in the bag works.

Posting Permissions