Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So My Treo Pro Just broke again for the the 5th time
    And just spoke to a Sprint Rep and she told me they were gonna let me choose a phone Of equal or lesser value to replace the TP .
    Any idea what phone i should get?
    im thinking of getting the pre.
    What happened to the 5 pro's?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

If you went through 5 Pro's you will likely go through 15 pre's

get something cheap to hold you over until the Hero hits and snap one of those up
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    What happened to the 5 pro's?
    The chargeing port inside of the phone stops working
    and i would get its chargeing when its not.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    If you went through 5 Pro's you will likely go through 15 pre's

get something cheap to hold you over until the Hero hits and snap one of those up
    Im not sure about getting the Hero. Its Nice But i really need a Qwerty keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    The chargeing port inside of the phone stops working
    and i would get its chargeing when its not.
    On all five? or was that the latest failure?

Im not sure about getting the Hero. Its Nice But i really need a Qwerty keyboard.
    Samsung Rant maybe?

8.    #8  
    On all five? or was that the latest failure?
    Yep All Five. The 5th one lasted a month not like the four that lasted 1 week before the port broke.
  9.    #9  
    Samsung Rant maybe?
    My Cousin has it. I dont like it one bit
    i Might end up getting The BB Tour or Pre. And Buy
    the Chargeing Deck so i dont have to use the Mini USB.
    Have always been a big fan of the palm keyboards. I recently started carrying a BB Storm for work as well as my Treo Pro and while it took a day or two to get the feel for the Storm I am now just as fast on the Storm as I am on the Pro.

The difference is one handed typing. Not quite up to speed on it yet with the Storm.

I really wanted the Pre but due to issues with Sprint I was not able to get one on launch. So while I waited I saw numerous issues appear that are mostly hardware so now I have no desire to get one.

With Palm recently killing support for the winmo phones they ticked me off twice in less than a year. They killed the 800w when it was months old and now the Pro has been abandoned as well. I have no faith they will stand behind the Pre once they release a new phone.

I am ready to walk away from Palm as they are fond of walking away from their customers.

Sad comment considering I have been using Palm devices as far back as I can remember.
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
    I fifth that on the qwerty keyboard. Try as I have to use the software keyboard, I still have problems accurately using it.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I fifth that on the qwerty keyboard. Try as I have to use the software keyboard, I still have problems accurately using it.
    I sixth it! I need a qwerty keyboard.

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I sixth it! I need a qwerty keyboard.
    7th
    I'll 2nd the hero. As someone said in a Pixie thread, i'll take a good on screen keyboard with pedictive text over a bad hard keyed keyboard. and Palm hasn't made a good keyboard since the 755/680. The tiny closed space gel keys suck compared to other phones. they're stuck in this narrow phone thing with membrane keys. Meanwhile other companies are only making their keyboards better.

When does one handed really benefit me? When i'm driving which is when I shouldn't be doing it in the first place. I'd rather take less efficient one handed typing in favor of better two handed typing. And my rep will be ordering my Hero as soon as it's in the system.
    I know it's Windows Mobile Standard, but there's always the HTC Snap too. I just recommended this for a coworker's husband, and he absolutely loves it (he previously used a centro.) They keyboard is awesome on it (if you can get past WinMo Standard)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  16.    #16  
    Well i toattly forgot that the Pre had to have an everything Data plan And seeing as how i have an ancient plan(Free & Clear)
    I cant get the pre.
    Im Stuck in between the BB Tour or the HTC Snap.
    It definately sounds like a user issue to me...the Pro is an exceptional device quality-wise, and for that many to break and in the same way just suggests that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to re-evaluate your usage habits...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    It definately sounds like a user issue to me...the Pro is an exceptional device quality-wise, and for that many to break and in the same way just suggests that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to re-evaluate your usage habits...
    Definitely.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post

I never really found out why they kept breaking I would plug in the charger and the phone would indicate it was chargeing when it really wasent and it would it say it was fully charged after 10 minutes.
    So how is that a user issue?
    And i didnt have any 3rd party apps either.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I never really found out why they kept breaking I would plug in the charger and the phone would indicate it was chargeing when it really wasent and it would it say it was fully charged after 10 minutes.
    So how is that a user issue?
    And i didnt have any 3rd party apps either.
    Didn't you say that 5 of the charging ports were busted?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast