Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It just launched today. Google is now pushing Gmail to Windows Mobile and Iphone. Windows Mobile phones can use active sync exchange to push Email, Calendar, and Contacts. m.google.com/sync
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Too bad I just paid for Nuevasync last week. Oh well, at least I'm happy with the service. Maybe they'll do Task syncing soon, too.

http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=winmo
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Thank you very much for this info. I'm trying it now.

I have several accounts with Google. I will benefit with this push function.

Thank you again.

gb
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    Thank you very much for this info. I'm trying it now.

I have several accounts with Google. I will benefit with this push function.

Thank you again.

gb
    No problem. Let me know if this drains battery life. I'm planning on switching from SEVEN to google sync tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having a problem with it going in and out and in and out...
    Sweet news! Does it work with the WM 6.5 or 6.51 ROM?!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Sweet news! Does it work with the WM 6.5 or 6.51 ROM?!
    Works with Win Mobile devices, doesn't have to be specifically 6.5 or 6.5.1. Been using it all day, and 'tis nice actually.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I've been using it all day too and it works flawlessly. The only problem now is that we can only have one Exchange account, so I can only use my gmail sync today, as tomorrow I will have to go back to connect to my work Exchange server.

I really don't know why on Windows Mobile you can only connect to one Exchange server. It is really ridiculous.

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    I've been using it all day too and it works flawlessly. The only problem now is that we can only have one Exchange account, so I can only use my gmail sync today, as tomorrow I will have to go back to connect to my work Exchange server.

I really don't know why on Windows Mobile you can only connect to one Exchange server. It is really ridiculous.

gb
    Been wrong before, but... seems like I remember seeing somewhere on this site that there is a hack to allow sync with multiple servers.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tt531 View Post
    No problem. Let me know if this drains battery life. I'm planning on switching from SEVEN to google sync tomorrow.
    Curious about battery drain as well. Does leaving it as "as items arrive" significantly impact the battery as opposed to say "every 10 minutes" or whatever?
    i'm having authentication issues. i use the same login/pass combo that i use to login to my gmail account and it's giving me login failures. anyone else with the same issue?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Make sure you have "Tasks" unchecked.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Been wrong before, but... seems like I remember seeing somewhere on this site that there is a hack to allow sync with multiple servers.
    I will search for this hack. I searched other sites and I found that there's a regedit hack, but it didn't work out for me. But I'll keep searching.

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
    Curious about battery drain as well. Does leaving it as "as items arrive" significantly impact the battery as opposed to say "every 10 minutes" or whatever?
    I used to retrieve my email every 30 minutes. And my Palm battery lasted all day (from 100% to 55% from 6 AM to 12 AM). I've been using the setting as items arrive since yesterday and so far I haven't noticed a drain. I still recharged my Treo last night at 55%.

I will be monitoring my battery and if there's anything not normal, I will let you know.

gb
    I will search for this hack. I searched other sites and I found that there's a regedit hack, but it didn't work out for me. But I'll keep searching.
    when you do find it post here. i could use a fix like that.

Make sure you have "Tasks" unchecked.
    this fixes my auth. issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    i'm having authentication issues. i use the same login/pass combo that i use to login to my gmail account and it's giving me login failures. anyone else with the same issue?
    I was having the same problem until I changed my username to username@gmail.com
    what do you guys set your "automatic send/receive" time as? I don't see an option of push/streaming/etc.
    Manual. Push doesn't apply to the send/receive settings.
    I was having the same problem until I changed my username to username@gmail.com
    that fixed it thanks a lot man.
    I have it with "As items arrive".

I receive my email immediately and my battery is not suffering.

I receive emails quicker than my desktop email program. Just like my old days with my BlackBerry.

gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast