1.    #1  
    Sorry for the buzz-kill, guys. I just wanted a place to hang out and cry about the lack of custom ROM's for my GSM Pro.

Join me if you are bummed out because those darn Sprint-ers are having the time of their life jackin' up their phones while we are stuck in the factory default OS with nothing but freewarePPC to keep us busy.

Waaahhh, waaaaah, waaaaa.
    Somewhere, over the rainbow...
    I know there is somebody, somewhere, working on a GSM WM6.5 ROM for us Treo Pro users...
    I have tried 6.5 on several devices and I always go back to 6.1. I thing 6.5 offers a bit of finger friendliness but that's it. The new bugs aren't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Sorry for the buzz-kill, guys. I just wanted a place to hang out and cry about the lack of custom ROM's for my GSM Pro.

Join me if you are bummed out because those darn Sprint-ers are having the time of their life jackin' up their phones while we are stuck in the factory default OS with nothing but freewarePPC to keep us busy.

Waaahhh, waaaaah, waaaaa.
    Trust me it's not all what it's cracked out to be. I went back to stock 6.1 because I found it laggy, less responsive and really geared towards bigger screens.

It took me more presses just to get around my Sprint Pro...it wasn't for me really.
    Mike
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I have tried 6.5 on several devices and I always go back to 6.1. I thing 6.5 offers a bit of finger friendliness but that's it. The new bugs aren't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Trust me it's not all what it's cracked out to be. I went back to stock 6.1 because I found it laggy, less responsive and really geared towards bigger screens.

It took me more presses just to get around my Sprint Pro...it wasn't for me really.
    Thanks, guys. I feel better now ... NOT! I wanna, I wanna now!

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Thanks, guys. I feel better now ... NOT! I wanna, I wanna now!
    Hehe...not buzz-kill worthy enough.
    has anyone gotten the wm6.5 rom up and running? i am thinking i will do it just b/c i am bored but i would hate to sacrifice speed/stability. I do like the idea of being more finger friendly but spb shell accomplishes this as well.
    SPB mobile shell is better than 6.5

I have used 6.5 on my 3.8 inch 640 X 800 resolution acer m900 and 6.5 was still lousy. Its slow, buggy and just doesn't offer any type of improvement other than being a litle more finger friendly. I also tried it on my Fuze, 6700 and 6800 and its just not worth much. SPB is way better than 6.5
  10.    #10  
    OK, I didn't believe it at first. Now that the third "6.5 isn't all that and a bag of chips" has been posted here I officially feel better!

Thanks, guys.

I'm still never going to go the SPB route. I have an aversion to buying (or stealing) basic OS enhancements, and I understand that I would have to give up RealVGA to do so anyway.