1.    #1  
    Is it possible?

I've fiddled around with many Treos, mostly GSMs which I've unlocked, modified firmware on, and even made a serial cable =P. I'm not too familiar with the CDMA side of things, but understand the differences. Just want to know if it's technically possible.

Say, for instance, I had a CDMA Sprint Treo Pro. Has anyone ever been able to use it on a different CDMA network, or Alltel in particular?
    Now that there is an unlocker, it should be much more feasible. You just need to get someone who can help you to do it, but it should be doable. People with CDMA HTC Touch Pros use them on various CDMA carriers. Doing exactly what the carriers hate to see, customers actually freely using their device on the carrier of their choice. With the CDMA Touch Pro 2 being able to handle GSM, once that's cracked open good, people will probably use that device for most any carrier whether CDMA or GSM.
  3.    #3  
    So what is involved? Flashing different firmware, giving it another ESN, etc?

I've used Alltel for years and I'd really like to buy a Pro. I'm seeing alot of Sprint versions of them for sale... =P
  4.    #4  
    Also, is the circle with the "Palm" logo on the keyboard a D-pad? I'm hoping so, because I'm currently using a crackberry pearl and absolutely despise the scroller ball on it, it almost never works anymore... =(
    Well changing ESN is illegal. So if Alltel won't accept an ESN from a Sprint device you're going to have a hard time getting anyone on a forum like this one to help you any.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoasis View Post
    Is it possible?

I've fiddled around with many Treos, mostly GSMs which I've unlocked, modified firmware on, and even made a serial cable =P. I'm not too familiar with the CDMA side of things, but understand the differences. Just want to know if it's technically possible.

Say, for instance, I had a CDMA Sprint Treo Pro. Has anyone ever been able to use it on a different CDMA network, or Alltel in particular?
    Any particular reason why you dont wanna just get an Alltel pro? I mean its practically the say thing.. Had mine for 2 months now.. love it
    Quote Originally Posted by winner88 View Post
    Any particular reason why you dont wanna just get an Alltel pro? I mean its practically the say thing.. Had mine for 2 months now.. love it
    Usually one of three reasons why someone tries doing it. Either they can get the Sprint version at a better price, or they have a Sprint version already and just want to switch carriers, or they have a Sprint version that has an ESN Sprint already locked out.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well changing ESN is illegal. So if Alltel won't accept an ESN from a Sprint device you're going to have a hard time getting anyone on a forum like this one to help you any.

If cdoasis is successful with Alltel taking the ESN, he can ask the OP in the thread below for the Alltel EXT ROM files. With those files and NightRaven's kitchen, cdoasis should be set.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...stock-rom.html