1.    #1  
    Instead of using resources to create another WM phone, they can use it to improve the MS Exchange experience instead.

That way WebOS will be the OS of choice for WM users who are upgrading....
    Bah.... I'd rather have my WM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    why if the PIM is a downgrade? Fields, categories and such are highly watered down. #1 reason I returned mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Instead of using resources to create another WM phone, they can use it to improve the MS Exchange experience instead.

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I was going retire the 800W to get the Pro next month, but now it is good bye palm.

Just what do you go to with Sprint.
    I'm checking out the Hero next month. I've come to the conclusion that for text entry I can pretty much adjust to anything over time and that it's certain basic functionalities that matter most. If I can't effectively use something for work, the fluff is meaningless. Some of which makes me want to go back to my Centro.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Aww this suks. WM truly is the best of the OS imho, I had the pre and returned it even. The Palm front facing keyboards are what I like! The pro will have to last a good long while methinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I was going retire the 800W to get the Pro next month, but now it is good bye palm.

Just what do you go to with Sprint.
    This is exactly where I am now .... I am thinking HTC Snap or HTC TouchPro2...I have become very disappointed in Palm's business model...if it actually has one!
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Bah.... I'd rather have my WM.
    Same Here!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    This is exactly where I am now .... I am thinking HTC Snap or HTC TouchPro2...I have become very disappointed in Palm's business model...if it actually has one!
    Palm's business model is leaving a solid foundation that is Windows Mobile for new untested, no app WebOS.

Their decision making is comical.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    why if the PIM is a downgrade? Fields, categories and such are highly watered down. #1 reason I returned mine.
    +1. As Meyerweb said on Precentral, WebOS' PIM apps are toys. I was hoping that the Pre would marry the iPhone's UI slickness with POS' PIM robustness, but in its current state, WebOS is unusable for me as a productivity tool. No categorized tasks and memos, no list view for memos (instead of that cartoonish stickies view) and very limited syncing options that are fobbed off as progress (e.g. cloud sync only) should be unacceptable in 2009.

A year from now, Palm will have probably corrected these flaws. To their credit, I did get a call from Palm a couple of weeks ago asking for my feedback on why I returned the Pre after a week of use. They actually seem to care. I think they were forced by the market to release the device ahead of schedule, and had to compromise certain features. But for now, I'm happy to be back with WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Palm's business model is leaving a solid foundation that is Windows Mobile for new untested, no app WebOS.

Their decision making is comical.
    It probably comes down to resource constraints. Pre sales are running slightly under projections, and while I actually think the Pixi will do better than most industry watchers expect (in sales, not profit), Palm just doesn't have the capital to continue with WM in a crowded OEM market.

Palm is a fraction of the size of companies like Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc. The company has no competitive advantage in the WM space. HTC and Samsung can saturate the market with commodity WM phones, but Palm only ever made one Windows phone per year. It's a better use of the company's cash to spend its development budget on WebOS, even if the returns aren't seen for a couple of years, than to pay for licensing WM, then having to layer user-friendly middleware on top of it.

That said, I'm going to miss the Palm versions of Windows Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

Sorry, but for me it's either Win Mobile (**fondly tickles Treo Pro**) or Android (soon to be my precious). The Pre hardware (and lack thereof) has turned me off WebOS.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I'm gonna start buying up all the Treo Pros.

Truthfully though,
    I really really really like WM. It's my necessary business machine.
    And I really really really like my Treo Pro. For me, it's the best Phone/Pda I've ever owned.
    It's too bad Palm dinked around this long to get the Treo right, only to dump it.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Truthfully though,
    I really really really like WM. It's my necessary business machine.
    And I really really really like my Treo Pro. For me, it's the best Phone/Pda I've ever owned.
    It's too bad Palm dinked around this long to get the Treo right, only to dump it.
    I agree. Best to buy as many as can be had for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Hey, you & ftwitty cool it! Let 'em start dumping inventory & force the prices down first. You two start grabbing 'em now, I'll never get my cheap extras.
    I am dumping Palm because of the decision to dump WM. I had no desire to get another new phone but now my Pro is starting to act really weird

Took it off an overnight charge last week and it showed 12% battery that lasted a full day and then when I got home to recharge it it went into an endless reboot process that I required me to pull the battery for nearly and hour to kill.

Today it has been loosing Powervision service all day and when it does so makes an annoying beep.

I have been carrying a BB Storm for work and I have adapted to the touch keyboard pretty well. Makes me want to check out the Hero even more now.
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
    Palm may license the Treo to HTC (just a thought). This has to get resolved. They can't leave us out like that.
    I'm going to check out the Intrepid. I can do without the Pro's KB issues if the Intrepid works as well as its specs would indicate and if it has real GPS.