Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    6.5 was released for the general public last october. 6.5.1 hasn't being released by Microsoft yet.

The differences between 6.5 and 6.5.1 are big. That's why every blog was stating that 6.5 is a dud and 6.5.1 brings hope to the future of Windows Mobile.

gb
    6.5 is largely cosmetic and adds some finger friendliness for the most part really. I will stay on it for a while, I like to progress slowly and see all the little improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    6.5 was released for the general public last october. 6.5.1 hasn't being released by Microsoft yet.

The differences between 6.5 and 6.5.1 are big. That's why every blog was stating that 6.5 is a dud and 6.5.1 brings hope to the future of Windows Mobile.

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    final as far as I know as 6.5 has already been released to the general public. You can go to the Sprint store and see for yourself. The newer versions just contain some bug fixes, enhancements and tuning/trimming.
    Are you talking about the ONLINE sprint store for download or the ACTUAL sprint store on the TP??
    Found a bug on 6.5 - looks like clock alarms use the reminder sound and not the sound specified in the alarm settings.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    anybody know the registry edit to fix the waiting cursor or loading bar?

thanks in advance
    Ps, is there a reason why this is not a sticky? This message should be a sticky...

I mentioned this in another message but my experience so far is...

BOTH 6.5 1.54 and 6.5.1 had issues with IE6 locking up on my phone. That or VERY slow internet... Page loaded then didn't do ANYTHING for like 5 minutes. Had to soft reset the phone... BOTH versions...

With 6.5 1.54 the internet when teathered to my laptop and using "internet sharing" was VERY slow. With factory 6.1 and WMWiFiRouter I was getting Broadband speeds with no problems so I know it can do better.

With 6.5.1 the menus and such looked to be made for a bigger display and some of the options were non-displayable. Try reconfiguring the keys for instance.

With 6.5 1.54 I could not add favorites to the Today "Titanium" screen.

Otherwise the 6.5 1.54 seems to be working fine. I REALLY wish it had the battery icon instead of the Speaker though since I use that as my battery gauge.

So far the problems I have had with 6.5 are relatively minor and can be cured by using add ons. Will be messing with the Teathering this weekend to see what combination gives me back broadband speeds.

Considering making this phone my "Data device" and getting a Pre... Who needs a dedicated data card when a phone can work just as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Ps, is there a reason why this is not a sticky? This message should be a sticky...

I mentioned this in another message but my experience so far is...

BOTH 6.5 1.54 and 6.5.1 had issues with IE6 locking up on my phone. That or VERY slow internet... Page loaded then didn't do ANYTHING for like 5 minutes. Had to soft reset the phone... BOTH versions...
    I don't use PIE, I use Netfront browser or Opera Mobile 10. And if I need flash, I use Skyfire.

With 6.5 1.54 the internet when teathered to my laptop and using "internet sharing" was VERY slow. With factory 6.1 and WMWiFiRouter I was getting Broadband speeds with no problems so I know it can do better.
    I'm using WMWiFiRouter on my ROM and I'm enjoying broadband speeds.

Otherwise the 6.5 1.54 seems to be working fine. I REALLY wish it had the battery icon instead of the Speaker though since I use that as my battery gauge.
    What ROM are you using? I'm using MatBee's latest version and the battery is displayed fine, along the volume icon.

gb
    Sorry for my previous answer, I re read your message and you clearly states that you are using both 6.5 (v. 1.54 by CFay) and 6.5.1 (unknown chef). I'm using MatBee 23089b and I can tell you this version is working really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    Sorry for my previous answer, I re read your message and you clearly states that you are using both 6.5 (v. 1.54 by CFay) and 6.5.1 (unknown chef). I'm using MatBee 23089b and I can tell you this version is working really well.
    Both were posted by Cfay for the STP. I have not seen anything else HERE listed as available for the STP. I am assuming you have the GSM Treo Pro?

Would definitely like to give other ROMs the try out..

Really liked the way the 6.5.1 looked and acted but not being able to do some of the settings makes it hard to use. I think Cfay had the ROM but wasn't really interested in adding to it so he just worked with the 6.5 but that is just an assumption at this point.

Rodney
    I have a STP (CDMA). MatBee (cook by Acidhax) has about eight different versions for 6.5.1, located here:

MatBee 6.5.1 ROM - 5.2.23089 - PPCGeeks

There are other ROM made by Nightraven for 6.5 CDMA, but I haven't tested it.

Acidhax leaves the Sprint software on the ROM, but he included a lot of hacks and enhancements. Read the different threads at PPCGeeks. They are very informative.

gb
    I forgot to mention, there is another ROM, from BigE, but it is 6.5 only. The good thing about it is that it has RealVGA 96dpi cooked inside the ROM.

gb
    I love 6.5.1 but it is a little buggy
    im switching to 6.5 to see if it fixes those bugs
    Are the GSM and CDMA roms compatible?

One of my projects for this long summer is to start trying to figure out how to cook my own roms and go from there. I am revitalizing a project Idea I had when we were trying to cook roms for the 700WX... Think I want to get to where I can understand and cook my own ROMS and go from there...

Looks like XDA has ALOT of good information if you can pull it all out... I am going to try to catagorize it and put it all in one place if I can. And go from there..

Should be interesting..

Rodney
    Does updating the OS help the missing calls issue at all?
    Not in my case. I still had to install the Treo Ringer program for Sprint.

6.5.1 23089

gb
    no new builds, huh? I am trying to push along the Android initiative. Should have and extra STP next week.
    anyone try the MatBee CDMA ROM? How does it compare to CFay?

MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY - PPCGeeks
    If release 1.54 is Build 21324 why does about say 21234? Typo?
  19.    #179  
    BUMP

Got my Sprint Treo Pro up and running again (bad flash nearly killed it, sniff).

Since the last time here, I've become very proficient in ROM making for the TP2, which is helpful because man...there's a dearth of cool ROMs here, lol.

Going to try and make 2 custom CDMA ones this week:
    • WM6.5 build 21884 (going to bump to 21889 when I can)
    • WM6.5.3 build 23518 w/threaded email

The first is a December '09 build and the 2nd is a January '10, making them quite the latest from Microsoft, unlike the current ancient builds floating around here.

I already have both versions up and running. I'm now doing my traditional optimizations, which will make them extremely fast and memory efficient, with all the tweaks built right in.

I'll also try to have a few custom .tsks for effect, maybe some sounds, etc. Though to be honest, "customizing" the Treo Pro leaves very little wiggle room since there isn't much out there. It'll have the latest MyPhone and other apps too, so you won't have to update them.

I also won't be doing the 96dpi trick as I don't care for how that works.

Planned changes:
    • Direct3D Driver
    • XIP reduction
    • SYS reduction
    • Update software
    • Compress software
    • SMS-2016 fix
    • Treo ringer fix
    • Latest Voice Command
    • XDA_UC support
    • RAM optimizations for speed
    • Office 10 full (not beta)
    • .NET CF 3.5
    • ?/other things I think of

I already have the above running too.

Think of something cool? Let me know and maybe, maybe I'll add it.

Check back in a few days.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/17/2010 at 08:05 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Malatesta how hard would it be to make the ROM for the Unlocked GSM version as well? Is it a total overhaul or something simple to do?
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast