Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I think I am going to wait a little bit until the kinks are worked out as badly as I want to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    Update: so apparently at this point it seemed like I had actually 'unlocked' my Rom correctly and to get to bootloader mode to verify that SSL.36.cmonex was installed.
    I had to Press & Hold Camera + Power button, then Press & Release the Reset button, this showed me that i had cmonex, which means the HardSPL ran correctly.

From there on I was able to flash the 6.5 153 rom, then 6.5.1 ( which i didnt like because of the odd icons), and finally went back to 6.5 152 (since 153 didnt fix the issue of the netCF).

I have yet to try the 6.5 1.0 (aka CEOS 5.2.21324) but I heard good things about it.. Although I wouldnt want to go back to it because 152 fixed some issues like:
    [#] Fixed Internet Sharing
    [#] Fixed Loading Icon Bug
    [+] PC Connection Icon
    [+] Sprint Backup and other useful cabs in My Documents
    Never Mind. Issues in this post fixed.
    Last edited by gillgr; 10/18/2009 at 07:04 PM.
    Also, how come the ## codes dont work anymore? Cant do a ##RTN# or ##DIAG# or anything else.

Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I switched to 6.5.1 on my Sprint Treo Pro a couple days ago.
    With one exception, I really like it.

My only issue is a magnifier that I only see in a couple apps.
    My big problem is that it seems to hang VidaOne My Personal Diet v4.5. That app was recently updated to support 6.5 and I have that version.
    This app hangs on me in certain situations and these are always preceded by the magnifier popping up in some text entry box.

I also see it in Pocket Informant (latest version with 6.5 support) when I turn off Touch Mode in the app. I can manage this though and this app has never locked on me.

Other than this issue, I'm really happy with 6.5.1.
    I like the today screen.
    The system seems as fast as the Sprint 6.1 was.
    I miss the Windows key 'task bar' that I could use to check the time in full screen apps or to switch to one of my 5 most recent used apps.

I can work around this and definitely plan on sticking with 6.5.1.
    I tried 6.5 but like 6.5.1 much better.
    Thanks.
    6.5.1 on STP < Treo Pro < Treo 800w < Treo 700p < Tungsten T5 < Tungsten T3 < Palm Vx < Palm IIIx < Pilot 1000
    Windows 7
    What's the consensus now that these ROMs have been out for a while? I am going to play with flashing my TP tonight I think.

I really like the idea of having the latest and greatest version also looks a little cooler and maybe some better features too but 6.5.1 is not yet stable or simply doesn't work well on our device then I don't see the point.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I like 6.5.1.
    6.5 was ok but, for some reason that I don't recall because I didn't run it that long, didn't seem as 'different / new' as 6.5.1.
    Other than the maginfier issue (above), I haven't had any real problems with 6.5.1.
    As suggested, I am keeping an eye on memory and closing the bigger apps (Kinoma, IE) when I don't need them.

Some dialogs aren't sized correctly. The button assignment dialog is way off for example. I rarely run into these though and can figure out what's going on even if I can't always see it.

In 6.1, I used the Most Recently Used apps list and the Start List a lot. Thought I'd miss it with the honeycomb.
    But moving the apps I use a lot up to the top and using the finger interface instead of keys pretty much gives me the same functionality and I can get around in it pretty quick.

On a mostly touch device like the Touch Pro 2, this interface will be more functional than depending on a keyboard.
    On the Treo Pro, it's a toss-up for me. Doesn't add much but doesn't take much away either.
    6.5.1 on STP < Treo Pro < Treo 800w < Treo 700p < Tungsten T5 < Tungsten T3 < Palm Vx < Palm IIIx < Pilot 1000
    Windows 7
    Quote Originally Posted by alagares View Post
    I'm 100% with you on this. I installed it and find out how slow and unresponsive is. I did a hard reset and nothing changed, very slow, laggy and memory hog. I went back to WM6.1 in less than 30 minutes and thanks to sprite backup I have my setup with SBP Mobile Shell back in no time.

I'm starting to really hate WM...Iphone looking more tempting every day. The only think holding me to stick with sprint is SERO.

I wanna say thanks to all the guys for their hard work. I'm really appreciate their job the only problem is WM
    IMHO...why? WM is what it is and the iPhone is very slick, very visual and very "bling"...but no more useful.

I think a lot of people get all enchanted with the "Grass is always greener" thing, and "New and Improved!". I'm coming from WinCE 2.11 and I've used iPhones and tried WM 6.5. 6.1 is the WinNT / WinXP of the mobile world - functional and minimalist without too much getting in your darned way. I'm not looking for the "Vista Experience", been there, done that, saw the mushroom cloud.

iPhone IMHO is really sexy glitz - until you have to deal with coverage (not great out of metro areas, contrary to AT&T's claim but in-line with Verizon's) and some other factors (WM has loads of apps with many free, iPhone's glass touchscreen waiting for the 'wrong drop', no expansion slot, etc.)
    So I upgraded to the WM 6.5 1.54 CFAY release last night. I had the same issues with the HARDSPL where i had to **** around with the USB cable for a while but then I was off and running. Was a breeze after that. I did do a hard reset before and after. It was slow the first time I flashed until i did a hard reset then speed/memory became very comparable to 6.1

My Thoughts:

- UI is much improved and finger friendly. I am coming from SPB 3 and am somewhat impressed.
    - Little improvements in Outlook, IE, etc.. are much worth it
    - Aesthetically much more pleasing
    - Seems as stable as 6.1 Stock 1.04 ROM

I did install the Palm 800W threaded messaging and it appears to be working flawlessly. Also the first time I did a MyPhone restore. Pretty slick and totally painless.

Overall I am happy with it and have regained some interest in my TP. I think I may be using my insurance soon :-)
    check that IE would be great if it didnt crash the phone. I'm up and running - man it took a long time to re-install all my apps and settings!

What's the deal with the speaker icon in lieu of the battery icon??
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yeah, the battery icon was a difference between 6.5 and 6.5.1.

Both the battery and the speaker icons display in 6.5.1.
    A benefit of moving the Start button to the bottom of the screen.

I've only had an IE crash when I ran too low on memory. Had Kinoma and 4 or 5 other things running at the same time.
    Other than that, it's been stable.
    Windows 7
    I love the finger friendly themes how the dialogue boxes have rounded corners and shading on the skin. Getting used to the chunky menus can be difficult tho. I sort of want a combination of new and old sometimes.
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Flashed the ROM - no issues.

But now stuck in the endless "Align screen" loop.

There is no way out, I think, since it's after a hard reset.

I had this before with a Treo Pro that was not customized, so I know it's not the ROM. The digitizers are defective.

This is such a pain, I'm tempted just to say screw it and give up on the Treo Pro.

If anyone has a solution to skip the align screen after hard reset, I'm all ear. I will also send you cash if your solution works.

Thanks.

EDIT - It finally let me in after an hour, but I need to replace the device, as the digitizer is shot.

Anyone know where the stock ROM is for the Sprint Treo Pro?
    Just my .02, but WinMo 6.5 was never meant for the Treo Pro, and runs poorly. I've tried all the ROMs, but the everything is so big and chunky, it's basically not very usable. I had such high hopes.

The speed and functions are there, but trying to cram it all into a small screen with apps built for huge screens just ends up a big tub of fail.

The 6.1 ROM by CFay seems decent enough (I guess there are no other 6.1 ROMs for Treo Pro), and is better than the stock.

Again, anyone know where the Stock Sprint Treo Pro ROM is located so I can flash back for warranty service?
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Flashed the ROM - no issues.

But now stuck in the endless "Align screen" loop.

There is no way out, I think, since it's after a hard reset.

I had this before with a Treo Pro that was not customized, so I know it's not the ROM. The digitizers are defective.

This is such a pain, I'm tempted just to say screw it and give up on the Treo Pro.

If anyone has a solution to skip the align screen after hard reset, I'm all ear. I will also send you cash if your solution works.

Thanks.

EDIT - It finally let me in after an hour, but I need to replace the device, as the digitizer is shot.

Anyone know where the stock ROM is for the Sprint Treo Pro?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1622043
    i've been running mine for almost a week. Overall performance is good, I have noticed a slow down on certain apps (i.e. pocket tunes) and a little bit of "funkiness". Memory usage with all programs closed except ActiveSync seems to hover around 80%. These apps don't work for me:

- Sprite Backup
    - Pandora
    - Pocket Scrobbler

I can live with this b/c I now use MyPhone for backup and if I want to use pandora/last.fm I can just got to the real sites with SkyFire.

Another annoyance is the SD card recognition problem that I had on my 800w seems to be back. So I have to re-insert my card every once in a while. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Last edited by we350z; 11/14/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    UPDATE: Sprite 6.5.5 does not work either same excpetion HOWEVER SPB Backup 2 is working fine.
    OK this seems to fix the Pandora issue:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Pandora Radio Cab - Works w/ WM 6.5 [VGA]

Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    i've been running mine for almost a week. Overall performance is good, I have noticed a slow down on certain apps (i.e. pocket tunes) and a little bit of "funkiness". Memory usage with all programs closed except ActiveSync seems to hover around 80%. These apps don't work for me:

- Sprite Backup
    - Pandora
    - Pocket Scrobbler

I can live with this b/c I now use MyPhone for backup and if I want to use pandora/last.fm I can just got to the real sites with SkyFire.

Another annoyance is the SD card recognition problem that I had on my 800w seems to be back. So I have to re-insert my card every once in a while. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Are these final versions we're seeing right now?

or will waiting around yield an updated ROM with less/fixed bugs?

i really want to try one of these out but am still undecided.

which version is preferred for the CDMA TP?
    final as far as I know as 6.5 has already been released to the general public. You can go to the Sprint store and see for yourself. The newer versions just contain some bug fixes, enhancements and tuning/trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Are these final versions we're seeing right now?

or will waiting around yield an updated ROM with less/fixed bugs?

i really want to try one of these out but am still undecided.

which version is preferred for the CDMA TP?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    anyway to turn the auto key lock off on the 6.5.1 ?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast