Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 184
  1. fulanit01's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean--if you turn off the WM6.5 Titanium plugin, it does revert to the native WM6.1 screen.
    Is the default WM 6.5 screen really a today plugin and if so, can it be used inside of UltimateLaunch?

    thanks
  2. #122  
    What about this program...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ell-3-5-a.html

    SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software

    Would this work better with Windows Mobile 6.5 or just as good with WM 6.1?
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What about this program...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ell-3-5-a.html

    SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software

    Would this work better with Windows Mobile 6.5 or just as good with WM 6.1?
    I am currently running Shell 3.5. with 6.5.1. Shell works fine except for the fact that it takes even more memory. 6.5.x is going to suck up more memory than 6.1. Adding shell is that much more. They play very nicely together but I have all but given up expecting to ever have more that 20MB free at any given time. In other words it is a trade off.

    -D
  4. #124  
    Honestly, with 6.5.1 I don't even feel the need for SPB 3.5 anymore, especially since the weather widget is terribly inaccurate (in my area at least).
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Honestly, with 6.5.1 I don't even feel the need for SPB 3.5 anymore, especially since the weather widget is terribly inaccurate (in my area at least).
    I 99% agree with you. Just show me a launch program that work on the WM6.5.1 home screen on the Treo and I would uninstall SPB Shell is a heartbeat.

    -D
  6. fulanit01's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I 99% agree with you. Just show me a launch program that work on the WM6.5.1 home screen on the Treo and I would uninstall SPB Shell is a heartbeat.

    -D
    Which brings me back to my question about UL anyone out there running it on WM 6.5 and is this fancy 'titanium' plugin capable of being run within it?
  7. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #127  
    Can I install this on my Sprint Treo Pro phone now? Safe?

    I wonder if I get a better resale value if I get it to WM6.5 ?

    I plan to sell my Treo Pro soon.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  8. #128  
    Having problems getting 6.5 on my old Treo Pro that my better half stole. I was gonna make a new thread but thought better against it. Its a 1.04 device and an XP PC(wasn't even gonna try crapista laptop...).

    I'm getting the Error 202 and 260 usb not connected error after verifying information while trying to run Panther. I have disconnected/reconnected multiple times and windows will install drivers, but nothing after that. The PC screen just stays on the error screen. Pro shows the tricolor .032 screen, but that's it. Any ideas? I ended up just doing a hard reset back to 1.04 so she had a phone today. Something I'm missing? Plugged TP to PC via usb, got an active sync connection, finished auto sync, opened panther, TP screen goes tricolor, PC screen "Verifys info" than I get connection errors. TIA.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Can I install this on my Sprint Treo Pro phone now? Safe?

    I wonder if I get a better resale value if I get it to WM6.5 ?

    I plan to sell my Treo Pro soon.
    Chong, which phone do you plan on going to?
  10. jac6695's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Having problems getting 6.5 on my old Treo Pro that my better half stole. I was gonna make a new thread but thought better against it. Its a 1.04 device and an XP PC(wasn't even gonna try crapista laptop...).

    I'm getting the Error 202 and 260 usb not connected error after verifying information while trying to run Panther. I have disconnected/reconnected multiple times and windows will install drivers, but nothing after that. The PC screen just stays on the error screen. Pro shows the tricolor .032 screen, but that's it. Any ideas? I ended up just doing a hard reset back to 1.04 so she had a phone today. Something I'm missing? Plugged TP to PC via usb, got an active sync connection, finished auto sync, opened panther, TP screen goes tricolor, PC screen "Verifys info" than I get connection errors. TIA.
    I have the same exact issues and have done the same things to try and fix the issues. I haven't asked for any help yet though. Not really that impressed with WM 6.5.
    James

    VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
  11. #131  
    What about the shell program with WM 6.1?
  12. #132  
    i'm completely new to this, but if i have Sprint, I believe I cannot unlock my phone and use their service, is this correct?
    So I cant myself upgrade the OS to wm6.5, I have to wait for them to release some sort of update?
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    i'm completely new to this, but if i have Sprint, I believe I cannot unlock my phone and use their service, is this correct?
    So I cant myself upgrade the OS to wm6.5, I have to wait for them to release some sort of update?
    I have Sprint and successfully unlocked and reflashed my Treo Pro to WM 6.5. I doubt there will be an official update from Sprint for the Treo Pro, but who knows?
  14. #134  
    Maybe a stupid question. I read this entire thread and no one mentioned whether or not flashing to 6.5 erases all your programs and settings? I am just assuming that it will, and that I will need to restore contacts via Sprite backup and re-install all my programs.

    That said... would it be better to hard reset first before flashing? What about after flashing?

    When will 6.5/6.5.1 become final and should it receive updates finally from the Windows Update function of the phone?

    Thanks!!!!
  15. #135  
    Did anyone try this yet? Where is the link for this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Will try the WM6.1 ROM later--it'll probably be more stable/fast.

    No, I don't recommend using Sprite to switch to WM6.5.1. Use MyPhone if you could as this ROM has it built in from scratch.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    Maybe a stupid question. I read this entire thread and no one mentioned whether or not flashing to 6.5 erases all your programs and settings? I am just assuming that it will, and that I will need to restore contacts via Sprite backup and re-install all my programs.

    That said... would it be better to hard reset first before flashing? What about after flashing?

    When will 6.5/6.5.1 become final and should it receive updates finally from the Windows Update function of the phone?

    Thanks!!!!
    Flashing a phone to a new ROM always erases your programs and settings and such. You have to reload them back.

    If you use Microsoft's MyPhone free service, at least you can sync back contacts, calender, tasks, sms, pics and videos.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  17. #137  
    I connected my phone via activesyng and ran PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL_V101.

    i went thru the menus of the application and made sure everything is connected. then my phone turned to the horizontal colored bars.. and i got the error 206 Connection on the application.

    it said in the first postof this thread to reconnect USB when this happens.. i did so.
    nothing happened. so i hit Exit on the error 206 screen.

    Now my phone is stuck on the horizontal bars screen. and the HardSPL program does nothing..

    Did i just brick my phone??
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    I connected my phone via activesyng and ran PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL_V101.

    i went thru the menus of the application and made sure everything is connected. then my phone turned to the horizontal colored bars.. and i got the error 206 Connection on the application.

    it said in the first postof this thread to reconnect USB when this happens.. i did so.
    nothing happened. so i hit Exit on the error 206 screen.

    Now my phone is stuck on the horizontal bars screen. and the HardSPL program does nothing..

    Did i just brick my phone??
    Update:

    I did disconnect/reconnect USB during the screens of the Hardspl by cmonex and then it was able to go a step further.. it asked me to update rom.

    but that also fails.. because it goes from 0 to 100% in just 20 seconds or so. and i dont think it did anything..


    i clicked Update


    this finished in 20 seconds or so..






    ill donate as soon as this thing works!
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    Update:

    I did disconnect/reconnect USB during the screens of the Hardspl by cmonex and then it was able to go a step further.. it asked me to update rom.

    but that also fails.. because it goes from 0 to 100% in just 20 seconds or so. and i dont think it did anything..


    i clicked Update


    this finished in 20 seconds or so..






    ill donate as soon as this thing works!
    Update: so apparently at this point it seemed like I had actually 'unlocked' my Rom correctly and to get to bootloader mode to verify that SSL.36.cmonex was installed.
    I had to Press & Hold Camera + Power button, then Press & Release the Reset button, this showed me that i had cmonex, which means the HardSPL ran correctly.

    From there on I was able to flash the 6.5 153 rom, then 6.5.1 ( which i didnt like because of the odd icons), and finally went back to 6.5 152 (since 153 didnt fix the issue of the netCF).

    I have yet to try the 6.5 1.0 (aka CEOS 5.2.21324) but I heard good things about it.. Although I wouldnt want to go back to it because 152 fixed some issues like:
    [#] Fixed Internet Sharing
    [#] Fixed Loading Icon Bug
    [+] PC Connection Icon
    [+] Sprint Backup and other useful cabs in My Documents
  20. #140  
    Loading Icon Bug Workaround, see post #1 for link.

    Cfay posted the Sprite Backup .cab file HERE. The version of Treo Pro Alerts he has in the My Documents folder isn't the latest version, and I was unable to connect to Xcast for weather. I downloaded the latest version (I think there's a sticky in the Treo Pro forum with a link).

    There has been some sort of IS fix posted either here or at PPC Geeks, but you'll need to search for it. As for the PC Connection Icon, I don't know if/where there is a workaround for that.

    Overall, however, I am very happy with 1.0. I liked 6.5.1, but I was constantly having to go to Task Manager to close programs out. 1.52 (and 1.53) I tried and just too many things wouldn't work that I want to.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions