Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    he's working on another version which may see the light of day--it fixes some bugs.

to fix the spinning dots, just run Marshall's wait cursor 3 app--search for that at ppcgeeks in the Treo Upgrade section

I prefer 6.5 over 6.1 easily and so do quite a few of my friends so far--it mostly just looks nicer/is more simple
    I second Malatesta's message. I'm using 6.5.1 and everything is running as it should, with almost no lock ups and really great battery life.

I'm using nuenobar to rid my Treo of the menu bar at the bottom of the Today screen, Marshall wait cursor 3 to remove the spinning dots and Showcase as a small, finger friendly task manager to close and switch programs.

I really recommend that anybody interested on 6.5 or 6.5.1 to visit xda-developers forum "development and hacking" to have the latest releases of programs that work with 6.5

Development and Hacking - xda-developers

gb
    Can anyone tell my what kind of "free memory" they are getting after installing
    6.5 vs 6.5.1 ??

With 6.1 I have 45MB Free after a Hard Reset. I want to see how that compares with people installing 6.5.x

Thanks

-D
    Don't know if this is old news or not...or even a rumor...

Courtesy of Google News Alerts:

Check out Post # 8 from this forum on 9-9-2009:
    Win Mobile 6.5 on Treo Pro??? - PPCGeeks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Can anyone tell my what kind of "free memory" they are getting after installing
    6.5 vs 6.5.1 ??

With 6.1 I have 45MB Free after a Hard Reset. I want to see how that compares with people installing 6.5.x

Thanks

-D
    Mine was:

35mb free with 6.1
    34mb free with 6.5
    36mb free with 6.5.1

Mind you, I had a lot of Startup items with 6.1 and less with 6.5.1

But I rmember that I got about 40mb free after a soft reset with 6.1 and I got about 38mb with 6.5.1

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    On a whim, I installed Cody's Battery and Performance Hack for the Treo Pro after flashing to 6.5.1. Before installing, after a soft reset with only ActiveSync running, I had on average around 15-19MB free memory (as per the memory reading in Treo Alert Pro). Post installation, after a soft reset and only ActiveSync running, I'm showing 30MB free...
    Nice. I freed up about 6-10MB after running this hack.

Thanks for the lead.

With that said, Opera Mobile is no longer working for me. Launches but then closes even after a soft reset. Wondering if it has something to do with hack?

-D
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thats all what it look like on the Today screen?

It looks like it has taken up more space.

Does it have room to put in your Outlook events on it?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Hello I can't connect to data connection anymore after this ROM! When i start up internet explorer it says "Connecting: Phone As Modem Dialing #777" even though before the ROM upgrade it used to say "Connecting: Powervison #777".
    Now it is only connected on like text messages and calls but no internet. Please help!
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sounds very scary indeed.

I think I will leave my Treo Pro the way it is.

Now that I know Palm will not make any device for the WM, I am somewhat sad and I am going back to HTC.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    LOL. oh boy do i feel stupid. Turns my bill hadn't been payed yet and that was why it wouldn't connect.

Man do I feel stupid.
    Other than that its perfect.
    I'm using wm 6.5 and making my own set up of the homescreen and start menu.

I'm gonna try my hand at making a ROM with M2D built in if I can manage my way.

You should at least give it a chance Chong.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I look at the Today screen and it takes up so much space.

Can you show us the Today screen on the Treo Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I look at the Today screen and it takes up so much space.

Can you show us the Today screen on the Treo Pro?
    you do NOT have to use the 6.5.x Home screen. If you have old today apps you can still use those inplace of the Home screen.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Cfay released ver. 1.52 yesterday. Looks like the last release from him:

CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! FINAL 1.52 RELEASE - PPCGeeks
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post
    Cfay released ver. 1.52 yesterday. Looks like the last release from him:

CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! FINAL 1.52 RELEASE - PPCGeeks
    Yeah, too bad it is 6.5. I really like having the OK and Start buttons at the bottom in 6.5.1.

Either way it is great to have some new ROMs
    -D
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    you do NOT have to use the 6.5.x Home screen. If you have old today apps you can still use those inplace of the Home screen.
    Sure, but what about reverting back to the native 6.1 Today screen? MS has crossed a point where, for the first time, TouchFlo is actually more efficient than raw WM.

I've only been using 6.5.x for less than a day, but I'm pretty unhappy with it so far. I'm savvy enough to hack it into a usable configuration over time, but the default experience is clearly designed for VGA+ devices. I'm probably going back to 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Don't know if this is old news or not...or even a rumor...

Courtesy of Google News Alerts:

Check out Post # 8 from this forum on 9-9-2009:
    Win Mobile 6.5 on Treo Pro??? - PPCGeeks
    Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Sure, but what about reverting back to the native 6.1 Today screen? MS has crossed a point where, for the first time, TouchFlo is actually more efficient than raw WM.

I've only been using 6.5.x for less than a day, but I'm pretty unhappy with it so far. I'm savvy enough to hack it into a usable configuration over time, but the default experience is clearly designed for VGA+ devices. I'm probably going back to 6.1.
    6.5.1 does have a few screens that would be better on VGA. 6.5 seems to be just fine on the 320x320. However I think that the few screens in 6.5.1 that need a little changing is not a reaosn to not upgrade. So far I love 6.5.1, but it does take a bit more memory than I would like it too.
  17.    #117  
    Sure, but what about reverting back to the native 6.1 Today screen?
    I'm not sure what you mean--if you turn off the WM6.5 Titanium plugin, it does revert to the native WM6.1 screen.
    MS has crossed a point where, for the first time, TouchFlo is actually more efficient than raw WM.
    Hugely disagree.

Treo Pro with WM6.1 or WM6.5 Titanium is faster and more efficient than TouchFlo. TouchFlo is just nicer and more fun to use, but not faster.
    WM6.5 looks nice and runs well on the Treo Pro; but 6.5.1 is a bit clunky.

Still, I think WM6.5 is much better and more simple than WM6.1--it is much more phone centric. But hey, having a "clean" WM6.1 ROM is a great option too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm not sure what you mean--if you turn off the WM6.5 Titanium plugin, it does revert to the native WM6.1 screen.
    I gladly stand corrected. I didn't realize that Titanium was rolled into the ROM. I'm still reflashing 6.1 on the TP, since I'll be switching back to an old Touch Vogue in a couple of days, but I'll give it another shot on the Vogue -- with and without Titanium.

Hugely disagree.

Treo Pro with WM6.1 or WM6.5 Titanium is faster and more efficient than TouchFlo. TouchFlo is just nicer and more fun to use, but not faster.
    6.1, definitely, but 6.5? Less processor overhead, perhaps, but not more efficient as a launcher. I can't stand the new Start screen, which I dislike even more than the previous Start menu.

The staggered icon layout is awful, both in terms of aesthetics and d-pad logistics. People used to complain about the honeycomb grid, but even with the honeycomb hidden, the root problem is that the icon arrangement looks haphazard (even though it's hexagonal); and each d-pad press can fork the focus in two directions. I was already apprehensive when I only had screenshots to go on, but it's even more exasperating in actual use. My remark about TouchFlo's superior efficiency mainly pertained to having a d-pad friendly launcher.

And why are icons allowed to go above and below the edges for partial viewing? It makes the scaling of the (overly large) icons to the screen look arbitrary.

I don't have much of a problem with 6.5.1's speed, though it could be faster if actually closing apps were a convenient option. MS has abducted the Task Manager from the Today screen and buried it three levels deep in Start->Settings->System. Even if RAM, processor speed, and the lack of hardware acceleration aren't issues (which they still are on the TP), the ability to toggle between apps, to minimize the number of apps to toggle between, and to relaunch apps in their initialized state are valid reasons to have the task manager accessible from the Today screen. The Palm Pre's card system proves this in spades, despite having robust hardware that should theoretically make task management by hand unnecessary.

WM6.5 looks nice and runs well on the Treo Pro; but 6.5.1 is a bit clunky.
    I probably won't get around to re-upgrading the TP, but I'll take your word for it.

Still, I think WM6.5 is much better and more simple than WM6.1--it is much more phone centric. But hey, having a "clean" WM6.1 ROM is a great option too.
    I need to give it more time on the Vogue, when I can do all the necessary reg edits and other workarounds. If nothing else, I always have the option of adding M2D or rolling back to 6.1.
    Last edited by Gameboy70; 09/30/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    I agree that the new Start Menu sucks. It is usable, and in 6.5.1 (not 6.5) it is drag and drop customizable but I don't care for it. However, with that said it would be easy enough to have a launch program display the windows\start menu\programs folder especially if you turn off titanium. I personally reloaded Mobile Shell 3.5 because I wanted better start and today screen options.

I think that you will be more than happy with 6.5.x on your Vogue if you turn off titanium.
    I'll try it both ways on the Vogue. Some of my impatience with 6.5 and Titanium come from an unwillingness to spend more time with it on a phone I won't be using much longer (though it might make a good testing platform), and some of it's due to 320 x 320 seeming ill-fitted for newer interfaces. I think 6.5 with Titanium will fare better on the Vogue's QVGA screen.

I've seen some interesting Today plugins for Titanium on XDA, like cNitrogen, that might obviate the need to use the Start screen much. I'll report back when I've got things up and running. In the meantime, I'm back to 6.1 on the Treo.