Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    Nope, Its Still Outlook SMS/MMS.
    But if you have it on Non Threaded SMS It Shows That you Replied and the time you did.
    Looking to install the 800w threaded sms app for the Pro, if that's even possible with WM 6.50 or 6.51...
    Has anyone had problems with Font size?
    My fonts seemend to have gotten Really light and
    distorteded.
    So far everything that worked on 6.1 seems to be working in 6.5
    anyone have a link that would give me a step by step guide on his to do this? i've never loaded a custom ROM before.
    Anyone know how to disable keyguard in wm6.5 (not wm 6.5.1) rom?
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    ok after a week with WM6.5.1 (build 23409) the one that is not recomended, I absolutly love it, funny thing is I just got my new stylus's in from this store and now i don't need them. Every menu I found my way into was extremely finger friendly most have some form a kinetic scrolling

ANother thing I love is the x button is now on the bottom of the screen also with the start button just wonderful.

I recommend this rom have had no issues with it at all. Just remember if hard-reset after you install a new rom
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade or maybe i'm just set in my ways, but this 6.5 ROM i feel is not for me at all. Took me less than 30 minutes to take it off and go back to stock 1.04 (WM6.1), thank God for SPB backup.

What is the big deal about 6.5 anyway, the honeycomb thing? It doesn't even recognize trying to find programs by their first letter plus it's tedious to navigate. Everything was just laggy and slow i couldn't stand it. Wow, stock 6.1 is far much better, faster and usable (at least for me).

Makes my decision to go Android (Sprint) more reinforced.
    I'm 100% with you on this. I installed it and find out how slow and unresponsive is. I did a hard reset and nothing changed, very slow, laggy and memory hog. I went back to WM6.1 in less than 30 minutes and thanks to sprite backup I have my setup with SBP Mobile Shell back in no time.

I'm starting to really hate WM...Iphone looking more tempting every day. The only think holding me to stick with sprint is SERO.

I wanna say thanks to all the guys for their hard work. I'm really appreciate their job the only problem is WM
    keep getting "Error [260] : Connection" when it tries to validate my phone with the PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL.exe

i can't figure out the problem for the life of me.
    Try starting the unlock, when the screen changes quickly disconnect and reconnect the phone from/to the computer. That works for most people.
    I read post #1 and have some follow-up questions...

Again, I have a Treo 800w and am looking to upgrade to the Treo Pro. that is, if I can get WM 6.5 on it.

My question is this: Is it possible to download the files mentioned in post #1--as well as the WM 6.5 or 6.51 update OTA from my 800w, save the files to my SD card, get a Treo Pro, switch the SD card from my 800w to a virigin Pro (battery fully charged) and install the upgrade files that way?

Once I figure everything out, and test out the new Pro, only then would I synch my 800w data to the Pro...
    Last edited by KevMeister; 09/21/2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Important question: Is Sprite Back-Up native the 6.5 or 6.51 Rom? It would be a hassle to have to download it and re-install it, but I would do it if I have to...
    Important question: Is Sprite Back-Up native the 6.5 or 6.51 Rom? It would be a hassle to have to download it and re-install it, but I would do it if I have to...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

Sprite Backup isn't included in the 6.5 or 6.5.1 rom. CFay posted a cab on ppcgeeks
    forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85748

I can't post the whole link cause I'm a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tt531 View Post
    Sprite Backup isn't included in the 6.5 or 6.5.1 rom. CFay posted a cab on ppcgeeks
    forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85748

I can't post the whole link cause I'm a noob
    No worries, it's the thought that counts. You did half the job anyway. We're all noobs in our own way...

Sprite Backup Cab Available here! - PPCGeeks

Anyone else want to pontificate what is missing from the 6.5 ROM that was originally found on the Treo Pro WM 6.1? What's the best version of Sprite backup?
    For that matter, has anyone with 6.5 noticed any loss of functionality of some of the Treo Pro featrures when it had WM 6.1?

For example, with the Pro before WM 6.5, I heard that if you get a voice mail, the center button glows white.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 09/21/2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Mine still glows white. I'm with the 6.5.1 ROM.

Also, with 6.1 I had to reset a few times my Treo because it would constantly lock up. And I had to hard reset several times. With 6.5.1 I rarely have to reset. It has been rock solid for me. At least for the last few days.

Also, I removed several third party programs now that the built in functions works almost as well. Resco Explorer, HiCalc. Audio recorder, etc.
    For those who live in the SF Bay Area, please see my "WM 6.5 upgrade services wanted" (for lack of a better term) here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ma...-treo-pro.html
    On a whim, I installed Cody's Battery and Performance Hack for the Treo Pro after flashing to 6.5.1. Before installing, after a soft reset with only ActiveSync running, I had on average around 15-19MB free memory (as per the memory reading in Treo Alert Pro). Post installation, after a soft reset and only ActiveSync running, I'm showing 30MB free. I don't know about any battery improvement, but I'm going to check it out tomorrow and let you know.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Did Cfay manage to iron some of those kinks out of this build mentioned on ppcgeeks, like the spinning dots, dialer scroll blurring, etc?

PS. any glaring loss of functionality (compared to stock STP) before I take the plunge ? And did i read correctly that today plugins still work on this version?
    Last edited by fulanit01; 09/23/2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post
    Did Cfay manage to iron some of those kinks out of this build mentioned on ppcgeeks, like the spinning dots, dialer scroll blurring, etc?

PS. any glaring loss of functionality (compared to stock STP) before I take the plunge ? And did i read correctly that today plugins still work on this version?
    Several fixes are available. I would suggest giving it a try. The unlocking and ROM flashing were simple and error free. I would make a full Sprite backup first in case you decide to use the Sprint 1.04 upgrade to go back to the stock ROM - that's if you are on Sprint. I did the Sprite backup first and easily flashed back to 6.1 with the 1.04 upgrade and then restored the Sprite backup and VOILA back to pre-6.5 status but with phone still unlocked. So, give it a shot and if you don't like it you can go back to 6.1 and wait for new ROMS.

PS: I decided to wait for further ROMs since I want to use RealVGA. I was able to install RealVGA with the 6.5 (not the 6.5.1) ROM but it messed up the flash verison of IE (PIE, using Cody's IE Toggle hack worked though) and I was not able to get SecondToday working correctly to enable me to continue using SPB Pocket Plus along with the new 6.5 Home Screen. I did really enjoy the kinetic scrolling though, almost enough to overlook the bugs. Hopefully someone will come out with a ROM that irons out some of the current issues.
    Last edited by davidck65; 09/23/2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: PS:
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post

he's working on another version which may see the light of day--it fixes some bugs.

to fix the spinning dots, just run Marshall's wait cursor 3 app--search for that at ppcgeeks in the Treo Upgrade section

I prefer 6.5 over 6.1 easily and so do quite a few of my friends so far--it mostly just looks nicer/is more simple

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter