Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 184
  1. #61  
    I was in the middle of updating to ROM WM 6.5.1 and while at 70% my brother disconnected the cable by accident.
    Now my phone shows the tricolor screen (red blue white with the spl and stuff also known as sspl mode) and shows Upgrade ROM Error Please try again.

    Then when i try again using the RUU, it says verifying information on phone and stays like that for a few 20 seconds and then shows Error 260 with connection errors everytime I do this even I know its connected properly.


    WHAT CAN I DO?!
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
  2. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #62  
    hard-reset your brother
  3. #63  
    I too have noticed on 6.5 that when you hit the start menu, there is no shortcut for starting an app, like you used to just hit the letter G for Google Maps, and not only that, but the apps I installed are at the BOTTOM of the list, so I have to hit "Start" and scroll down about 4 pages to get to Google Maps, TotalCommander, etc...

    Mal, is there a way to fix this? I love 6.5, really like the new Today thingy with sliding panels, but do NOT like the time and effort added to launch an app. Is there maybe a way to add shortcuts to favorite apps on the Sliding Panels Today Theme maybe? Now that would be a real hit for me.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Mal, is there a way to fix this? I love 6.5, really like the new Today thingy with sliding panels, but do NOT like the time and effort added to launch an app. Is there maybe a way to add shortcuts to favorite apps on the Sliding Panels Today Theme maybe? Now that would be a real hit for me.
    Hold down the icon and a sub-menu will pop up with "Move to top".

    That's really the only way to customize. WM6.5.1 makes them movable. However, there are options (that I have not yet tested...be my guest!)

    Let us know how they go!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    I was in the middle of updating to ROM WM 6.5.1 and while at 70% my brother disconnected the cable by accident.
    Now my phone shows the tricolor screen (red blue white with the spl and stuff also known as sspl mode) and shows Upgrade ROM Error Please try again.

    Then when i try again using the RUU, it says verifying information on phone and stays like that for a few 20 seconds and then shows Error 260 with connection errors everytime I do this even I know its connected properly.


    WHAT CAN I DO?!
    Beat your brother first.

    Then try to install the 1.04 Palm ROM flasher and see if that works. Otherwise, contact CFay at ppcgeeks via PM and ask for assistance. You should be able to flash out of it.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    I was in the middle of updating to ROM WM 6.5.1 and while at 70% my brother disconnected the cable by accident.
    Now my phone shows the tricolor screen (red blue white with the spl and stuff also known as sspl mode) and shows Upgrade ROM Error Please try again.

    Then when i try again using the RUU, it says verifying information on phone and stays like that for a few 20 seconds and then shows Error 260 with connection errors everytime I do this even I know its connected properly.


    WHAT CAN I DO?!
    Contact CFay for help.

    I know with Touch Pros people have things like this happen and flashing from MicroSD fixes it. I'm thinking you probably could flash from MicroSD, but since I don't have a Treo Pro to test with I don't want to say how to do it. It's best that you work with CFay. I have seen someone post that they have run the Hard SPL on their Treo Pro via MicroSD successfully, so you probably can flash from MicroSD too.

    Don't be worried, I think you'll come out of this just fine.
  6. #66  
    And just to share some ROM flashing stories for the sake of comforting Koolcdj69.

    With Touch Pros, people have flashed with the battery near zero, battery died in the middle of flashing, gave the device some juice and once the battery is charged flashed from MicroSD and got it going with no problem. I mean, there are people who flash breaking every rule in the ROM flashing book who get devices going again .
  7. #67  
    Thanks for all your help everyone!
    Got it working with Sprint 1.04 flasher.
    Now deciding which wm6.5 or 6.5.1..
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
  8. #68  
    LOL that was what the wizard love rom was for when someone managed to turn the wizard into a brick!
  9. #69  
    i can get active sync to sync after i gone to 6.5
    anyone get this issue?
  10. #70  
    Yeah, I can't uncheck the "enable advanced functionality box" after 6.5.
    How can i fix this?
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    Yeah, I can't uncheck the "enable advanced functionality box" after 6.5.
    How can i fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by yangqdr View Post
    i can get active sync to sync after i gone to 6.5
    anyone get this issue?
    Guys, the syncing issue was addressed on page #3 here ;-)

    Before flashing, always read the threads to see what people are saying so you can be prepared.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I found using an old .tsk file for the background has the benefit of going back to the old "menu" items, that is they are smaller and not skinned.

    This makes the OS a little faster and things fit better. So try that as an option. I'm using my "classic black" version and it looks great.
    I can't apply my .tsk file. Kindly attach yours here pls. Thx.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeXacTa View Post
    I can't apply my .tsk file. Kindly attach yours here pls. Thx.
    hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. isaacl's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    #74  
    I like the Windows Mobile 6.1 theme (green).
    I haven't flashed yet.
    How can I save the .tsk file, so I can use it later - where is it located?
    Thanks!
  15. #75  
    Is anyone able to get QuickGPS or Pandora to work on the 6.5 ROM?

    QuickGPS: won't open at all

    Pandora: keeps saying connecting then it says it cannot connect and to try at a later time.

    Thanks for any help!
  16. #76  
    I still have my Treo800w (with Sprint Insurance) and have been thinking about making the switch to the Treo Pro. With the news about no more WM Treos and this thread, I think it's time to jump!

    I would get the Palm Pixie later this year....but no MicroSD slot? No Wi-Fi? Give me a break!

    Questions:

    + My 800w has been acting up lately, and really want to get a virgin/new Treo Pro...think that will happen? I'm also a Sprint Premier member.

    + Think it will be much easier to install the 6.5 of 6.1 update on a new Treo Pro, fiddle with it, and make any adjustments before syncing 800w data and apps as well as the last-step ESN Swap...thoughts on this?

    + Anybody in the Bay Area who did the 6.5 or 6.51 upgrade to their Pro? Let's start an informal enthusiast group!
  17. #77  
    IS anyone having problems sending MMS?
    Everytime i try to send MMS it never sends it stays at 0%
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    IS anyone having problems sending MMS?
    Everytime i try to send MMS it never sends it stays at 0%
    Speaking of MMS/SMS, for those of you who installed the 6.5 update is the SMS similar to the 800W?
  19. housej55's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #79  
    My update to the 6.5 seemed to work out pretty good. I am taking Malatesta's advice on not moving to 6.5.1. I do seem to have a little less free memory now averaging around 13mb, but overall the device is not locking up or anything.

    Two questions

    1) Are the themes specific to the device or can I download any theme for 6.5? I like the touch flo theme on the new Touch Pro 2 but this may render my device useless with what little memory I have.

    2) Roaming - I see there is a Automatic A and Automatic B, anyone know what the differences are?


    Thanks
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Speaking of MMS/SMS, for those of you who installed the 6.5 update is the SMS similar to the 800W?
    Nope, Its Still Outlook SMS/MMS.
    But if you have it on Non Threaded SMS It Shows That you Replied and the time you did.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions